chapter 2

Harry POV
When I got to my office that I shared with my best mate Ron, I noticed an owl on my desk. It was a ministry owl and that can only mean one thing, more work is on the way. Like we don't have enough to do around here already. I untied the kettle from the owls leg and gave him a treat before he flew out the window again.
Dear Mr Potter
It had been brought to our attention that you were one of the auror on the scene at the Blackford house, were young Mr Blackford was taken from, three months ago. Kindly report to my office with the report from that day as well as the updates from the investigation. This is of utmost importance, so see to it as soon as possible.
Awaiting your arrival.
Kingsley Shakebolt
Minister for Magic

The Blackfords had been attacked in their home a few months ago and their son Ryan was kidnapped. We been working on this case tirelessly, and there hasn't been any new leads.

"Ron, did you manage to finish writing up those reports about the Blackford boy, over the weekend?" Ron looks at me like I'm a Cornish pixie about to string him up by his ears, which tells me I am not gonna like what I'm about to hear. "Geez, mate I'm so sorry, I know I told you, I'd help with that but Gaz, I'd help him with the new recruits." Gazlow is our superior, one of the heads of the department. I should've known better that to ask Ron to help with 'homework' over a weekend. "Its fine, I'll just not got out for lunch today then." I say before I go sit at my desk and start working on the updated reports. This is gonna be a long day.
Ron also goes to sit at his desk, "I'm really sorry mate, its just Gaz is the boss, and what the boss says, goes" he says, "I'll make it up to you some other way, I promise. And those bloody recruits are mental! One nearly hexed his partners ear off, had to send that poor bloke to St Mungo's" he went on. I was listening but tried to focus on the reports. If I don't get them done and to Shaklebots office, I don't even know how much trouble I'd be in. "Look Ron, its ohkay, you don't have to make it up to me. I'm glad I didn't get stuck with the recruits though" I say, to him, trying to lighten the mood, as I can tell Ron is feeling really bad that he dropped the ball on those reports.
*********************
Hermione POV
"Why can't we get this off?" Neville was trying remove the melted metal front the sink, to no avail. We figured if we could get a piece of it off and analyse is, we could figure out what it is, and why it had caused an explosion. But so far, we had no such luck.
"Neville, I think we should try a reverse spell on it, see what it changes back into, ..." I cast the spell and we watch as the object goes back to its original form. And coincidentally, is removed from sticking to the sink. Geez, why didn't we just do this in the first place! "…a canister?" I picked up the metal canister now clearly visible. It sounds like there's something liquid inside. I take a sniff at it, "firewhiskey?" Draco looks up from where he was now busy checking supplies for the veritisserum we need to brew today. " Did you just say firewhiskey?" he says. I nod my head. "Do you know anything about a canister of firewhiskey, being left in the sink over the weekend?" I ask him, as I move in his direction. Draco is good at he's job, but he also have the affinity for slacking off on a Friday, getting preoccupation with whatever he has planned for the weekend. An awkward smirk appears on his face and I just new we had found our culprit. "Draco Malfoy, I can't believe you were drinking at work! What the hell is wrong with you?! ", "It was after hours." Draco says, throwing his hands in the air. "That doesn't make it right, and what were u doing after hours in the lab, that would cause the firewhiskey to explode?" I ask, now very agitated. But before he could answer, "I can't believe you could be so irresponsible. There are all kinds of flammable and explosive potions and substance in the potions lab, this is no place to be drinking and acting a fool in.", "Relax Granger, no one got  hurt." He says, still smirking. I sometimes wish I could just smack the smirk off his face. "And besides, I wasn't partying it up, on the job. It was Friday, and you all left early. So I finished writing up the instructions for the new bone-regrowth position, I was working on and had a little firewhiskey before I left. And you guys can thank me later for cleaning up the lab on Friday, by the way." I just sighed and started with the veritusserum. I'm not in the mood for Malfoy's childish nonsense anymore.