Chapter 12

Ginny POV

"Okay, I agree, its in bad taste of me to have him in my room with me, late at night, I'm sorry. I just like his company that's all and with that dumb article about you and miss perfect I just needed a friendly ear to listen and not take your side. Is that so had to understand?" I say, trying my best not to lose my temper again.

Harry and I have been fighting most of the evening, and I don't know how much more of this I can take. He just doesn't get it. Sure I have no right to take the high road since I've slipped up a couple of times before and slept with Oliver, but this time it was purely for company, no funny business. Of course Harry won't see it that way.

"And what is your side of the story this time Gin? That you wanna choose to believe a tabloid rather than your boyfriend who has been nothing but faithful to you for the last five years. Is that it? Or is it, that you want to believe that I'm cheating so I can be the bad guy, and you can feel less guilty about the times you weren't all that faithful?" He rebukes, cutting me deeper than he could even imagine. " How many times do I have to apologize for that, Harry?! If you didn't want to forgive me back than, why did you say you did?" I try again.

He stares back at me with a defeated look in his eyes. Oh how I hate hurting him like this, he's so far from the brave, passionate Harry I once knew. Maybe this is why we don't work anymore, maybe we've just changed too much.

"I love you Gin. That is why I forgave you. Because I love you and I didn't want to lose you." He says, turning away to look out the patio. "I didn't mean to hold it over your head again but I just can't.,..I can't understand how that can't be enough for you anymore." A silence heavy with emotion hangs between us for a few minutes. I don't know what to tell him.

"Harry, I..." I start but he cuts me off, facing me with a blank stare that hurt more than the bitter, angry tone in his voice. "I'm just gonna go. Feel free to do whatever you want, with whoever you want. I don't care anymore. When you're done pretending that you wanna be with me and actually start being honest with me, then you know where to find me." And with those last words he left my room.

I wanted to stop him, but I still didn't know what to say. I couldn't say that I loved him, because even that would've sounded a bit empty after I'd told him that 'sometimes love isn't everything' , it was a stupid thing to say in the heat of he moment. I just wanted him to see that when you're away words like 'I love you' seems like just words when you're bombarded with stories about cheating. I trust him. I do.

I guess I just felt jealous that he could look that happy for someone else. For her. Always for her, he's bloody best friend. What kind of man has a woman best friend. A woman that isn't he's wife or girlfriend? I mean I deserve a fucking medal for not flipping out about this more!

"Shit!" I suppose its just as well, I need a break from trying to compete with miss perfect anyway.

*********************

Harry POV

I was going to apperate back home but I didn't feel like the empty house just yet. So I went to a bar, kinda fancy looking muggle bar, if I have to be honest. I order a whiskey on the rocks, and a couple of shots, just to get me buzzed. 'To hell with love', I think to myself, as I down the last shot and made my way to a nice little dark corner, where I can enjoy my buzz and savoir my whisky in peace.

The best part about being in a muggle bar in a coastal city in Spain, is that I can be whoever I want to be, with no worries of it making the papers back home. Yes, I'll just get completely pissed, get a room somewhere and sleep it off till tomorrow, no thinking about stupid tabloids or girlfriends or being the hero tonight.