~Katherine~✔️

@Azureman136 hope you enjoy!
Imagine that you save Katherine's life

(I refused to let myself sleep until I finished the chapter lmao, a very sweet message came through and prompted me to write this so TheCurlyQueen this is dedicated to you)

As an extremely positive and upbeat person you believe that there's good and bad in everyone. Some people tend to show one end of the spectrum more than the other but ultimately you truly thought that everyone had a piece of goodness in them. Somewhere.

Katherine Pierce did have that goodness in her, and you knew that because you saw it everyday when you woke up to her stroking your hair and when you went to sleep with her at night gently humming childhood lullabies. No, she may not have been the most smoothly cut diamond but she had a heart; you just had to look deep, deep, deep down. Deep.

"Hey Kitty Kat, I'm going out to meet with Caroline, Elena and Bonnie! I'll see you in a bit, Sweetie."

Your girlfriend placed her strawberry smoothie down on your kitchen counter and turned to give you a fruity kiss, "Seriously, Beautiful I don't know why you're still friends with them." You shook your head and smiled at Katherine as you grabbed your purse and keys.

"Babe, they've always been good to me and I know you don't like them but they were there for me when I first transitioned; just be civil with them for me?" Rounding your eyes and pouting she sighed heavily.

"As long as you keep 'Miss I'm so perfect Gilbert' and her little band of supernatural servants away from me then yes, I will be civil."
Shouting your goodbyes you hopped in your car and drove to Elena's house where the three girls and you were meeting.

"Hey girls!" As Caroline threw open the door the four of you shared a group hug making your way to the sitting room of the house.

"Geez guys I haven't seen you in forever! Elena, how's Delena?" Said friend giggled and sat down next to you.

"We're going really strong, I'm honestly pretty in love; Caroline and Stefan are happy and so are Bonnie and Jeremy."

Caroline walked into the room holding a big bowl of popcorn and you immediately reached out to grab a huge handful.
"I'm so happy that you guys have found love, it's the best feeling in the world when you find that special someone."

The crunching from your mouthful of popcorn filled the heavy silence in the room, and you were confused as you watched your friends exchange glances, awkwardness tangible.

"Uh, guys, am I missing something?"

Like the switch of a lightbulb all the girls laughed and the uneasy vibe was gone, immense chatter starting up again. You quickly forgot the moment and focused on the conversation, the group talking of friends, family and school the hours passing by hurriedly. As Bonnie had just finished talking about the recent History pop quiz you checked your wristwatch.

"Damn, its nearly eight, I've got to go you guys Katherine will be waiting." All heads looked towards you and the silence came back.

"No!" Bonnie looked agitated as did the other two which confused you a lot. "Don't go yet we haven't had a chance to talk about the new movie coming out."

You laughed lightly, brushing off the tone, "I'll ring you later but I should really leave."

"Y/n, stop. Stay a little longer." The anxiety in Elena's voice scared you a lot, so you slowly backed towards the door, phone and keys in hand.

"No, I need to go."

By now everyone was standing up and all four of you were in threatening stances ready for a fight; why the hell were they doing this?

"Please, please just come have one more drink, just one more." You couldn't understand their eagerness to have you stay and the sudden burst of aggression at you trying to leave until you remembered the silence at your words earlier.

"Oh my god, Katherine." The guilt on the faces of your friends said it all. "What the fuck have you done with her?"

Bonnie reached out a soothing hand and tried to comfort you gently; "Listen, y/n you're going to be fine but we can't have Katherine around us any longer, we didn't want to hurt you, please just stay."

Angry tears pooled in your eyes and you felt fury radiate out of your pores; "This is bullshit, I'm leaving right now." Bonnie opened her mouth to say a spell but was stopped by you pushing her violently into the staircase causing her to slam her head against the banister and black out. Caroline rushed towards you and was met with a chokehold as you snapped her neck violently.

Elena was a human so you didn't spare her a glance as you ran out of the house and started driving to the only place where you thought she would be: The Boarding House. You didn't even know what to expect, Elena would've alerted the brothers by now and you were no chance against one of them let alone two.

Arriving at the mansion you decided a surprise attack was the only way to go, quietly walking to the door you knocked and the second Stefan answered you snapped his neck and slowly lowered his body to the ground. Your steady feet stepped over the corpse and you made your way down to the cellar dungeons picking up a stake on your way there.

Peering around the corner you saw Katherine tied to a chair, blood covering her clothes and head tilted back in pain; the sight caused you to cry a little and this alerted her, causing her to awake a little more.

"Y/n, run now, go." The words were slurred and obviously difficult to get out but you stood your ground. Creeping into the room you were at a her side trying to undo the ropes but a burning feeling sliced through your hands: fucking vervain.

"Y/n, back off." Without turning you knew that Damon was standing behind you. Clutching the dagger in your right hand you turned your left side to face the raven haired vampire who was by the door of the cell.

"This evil, manipulative bitch is no good for you, I don't want to hurt you but I can't let you take her." He moved until he was only a few feet away from you.

"Oh Damon," You held the stake tightly, "I really don't care about hurting you." And you shoved the dagger in his sternum, blocking out the scream of agony he gave and snapped his neck for good measure. Ignoring your blistering hands you untied your girlfriend and half helped, half carried her out of the mansion and into the car.

The drive home was silent and you both were exhausted and injured from the fight, not a word was spoken until you pulled up at your house.

"You saved me."

"Of course I did, I'll always be there when you need me."

Katherine's eyes filled with tears, "They're right, I'm wrong for you."

"I love you Katherine."

A small smile.

"I love you too."