They comfort you (girls)

Elena:

Elena Gilbert. Beautiful. Sweet. Smart. The princess of mystic falls. You were the lucky lady to steal Miss Gilbert's heart and everyday you were grateful that she chose to date you when men and women would literally line up to gain her affections.

But as much as you adored Elena there were some things that were hard about dating her, for instance you were always worried that she was out of your league.

"Morning 'Lena." Leaning across to kiss your girlfriend as she slid into the car.

"Hey babe! Thanks for picking me up!"

You two idly chatted as you made your way to school and over to your lockers flirting and laughing all the way.

"Hey y/n I'm just gonna go and speak to Stefan about vamp business, be right back."

Waving your girlfriend goodbye you turned to face your locker, so engulfed in your books that you didn't see a girl, Mandi, coming up to you.

"Y/n y/l/n right?"

"Oh yeah, hi, can I help you?"

The girl smiled widely, "I just wanted to know how you got Elena Gilbert to go out with you, I mean she's pretty and your, well, not."

Stunned was the only word that you could use to describe the feeling of being openly insulted, to have a complete stranger tell you that you weren't as pretty as your girlfriend and then run back to her friends giggling.

Letting out a sob you turned and ran down the hall pushing past people, including Elena and Stefan, both of who turned to stare at you with shocked expressions. The sky seemed to feel your pain as you ran to your car, the rain coming down in buckets, and slipped into the warmth where you placed your head on the wheel and cried.

 The sky seemed to feel your pain as you ran to your car, the rain coming down in buckets, and slipped into the warmth where you placed your head on the wheel and cried

"Y/n." You carried on crying as Elena slid into the car after you panting heavily. "Y/n what's going on?"

I'm not good enough Elena, or pretty enough, and I never will be."

"Y/n you're the the best thing that's ever happened to me. I love you forever and always and I hope you know that."

"But-"

"But nothing, I'm not going to give up on you when you've stood by me through everything. I promise."