~Katherine~✔️

For the lovely @camila_grey
Imagine you had a bad day at school and Katherine takes you to the beach to cheer you up.

Ugh school. The burden of every teenagers life. Even at the best of times it could be difficult and stressful and today you'd just about lost it with the mean, bitchy students and the horrible teachers.

Pulling yourself out of your car you thanked the lord that it was Friday and you had a whole weekend to do absolutely nothing. Slowly unlocking the door you slid inside, avoiding the sudden torrent of rain that started pelting down in buckets; you dramatically threw yourself down on the couch, groaning into the pillow at your shitty day.

"What's wrong, Cupcake?"

Most people would freak out at a stranger's snarky voice in their house, but you knew about witches, werewolves and vampires so hearing your doppelgänger girlfriend, Katherine Pierce, come out of nowhere didn't shock you.

"I've had the worst day ever." Sitting up so Katherine could sit next to you, you sighed and rested your head on her shoulder.

"Wanna talk about?"

Shaking your head you snuggled into her, "Just hold me." So she did. For a long while you just sat there and she hugged you tightly until you slowly drifted off to sleep in her arms.

"Y/n! Y/n wake up! Jesus, cupcake I bet you slept through the comet that killed the unicorn!"

Slowly sitting up you rubbed your droopy eyes and observed your beautiful girlfriend, running around your bedroom (had she actually carried you up there?) and throwing random objects into a bag.

"Kat, what the hell are you doing?"

"Okay, so I know you were sad yesterday so I've decided to take you to the beach today!"

A smile broke your face as you watched Katherine run from room to room, packing a bag of essentials, "That's so sweet, Babe but we live in Virginia and it's September, it's not exactly warm enough to go to the beach."

"Aw that's cute y/n. You think something as small and insignificant as the weather is going to stop me. No we taking a three hour drive to the nearest coast beach and I've already checked the weather, it's sunny enough to swim, how does that sound?"

You threw the covers off and ran to hug your girl, before kissing her softly, "That sounds perfect."

Katherine immediately kissed back, her tongue tracing patterns onto your bottom lips, hands wound in each other's hair.

"We should probably get ready otherwise we'll be here all day." Katherine groaned before she resumed with packing.

Not even an hour later the two of you were in her ridiculously expensive sports car, singing as loud as you could to all the cheesy pop songs that came onto the radio.

"God I don't know why your generation likes such shit music."

"Oh please, Grandma what did your generation listen to, Beethoven?"

You both carried on joking and laughing all the way to the beach, the hours flying by in each other's company and as Katherine had said, the secluded beach was actually very warm as it was right on the coast.

"You're lucky we live in America, Cupcake. In Bulgaria it would be freezing right now."

You laid out your blanket and picnic before deciding to go for a swim, the ocean excited you, so you had no qualms about stripping down and quickly putting on your bathing suit. You saw Katherine's eyes watching you, drinking in the sight of your body and you gave her a slight push.

"Race you!"

Sprinting towards the sea you screamed as the cold water surrounded you, and dived in marvelling at the salty blue waves. A few minutes later Katherine swam out to join you and you splashed each other and raced to the nearest rock (she totally let you win) before floating on your backs to gaze at the sky.

"Hey y/n?"

"Hmm?"

"I love you."

"I love you too, Kitty Kat."

Turning round to float your whole body in the water she gently kissed you, the two of you shivering from the cold.

"Let's get out, I'm going to catch pneumonia!"

"Don't be such a baby y/n! This is nothing!"

"Oh I'm sorry! Not all of us have unlimited lives!"

You quickly staggered out of the water, like some disoriented drunk and wrapped yourself in a fluffy towel.

"What do you wanna do now y/n?"

"Oh, oh, oh! I know! Let's build sand castles!"

"That thing that eight year olds do?"

"Hey I grew up pretty much alone what with my parents working all the time! I need these crucial childhood moments!" With a large eye roll Katherine sat next to you and you both filled a bucket with sand and tipped it over.

"Hey presto! A perfect sand castle!"

"You're so weird!"

"Tt I'm special."

After you'd built a dozen sand castles you both lay on the blanket and ate from your picnic, watching the sky grow darker each minute. Neither of you wanted to move as the moment was perfect and when you fell asleep in Katherine's arms she was assured that she had given you a day that you'd always remember.