~Kai~ ✔️

Dedicated to @MariasLife2003
Sorry for the wait but I hope you like it!

Imagine you defending Kai when Elena and co try to tell you he's bad news.

Malachai Parker was definitely a lot of things but innocent wasn't one of them, he had a long list of flaws but then again didn't everyone? Ever since you first met him you'd both been head over heels for each other and Kai had always treated you ...

Malachai Parker was definitely a lot of things but innocent wasn't one of them, he had a long list of flaws but then again didn't everyone? Ever since you first met him you'd both been head over heels for each other and Kai had always treated you like the princess you were.

"Ready to go, Princess? The reservation was for six?"

Your gorgeous boyfriend was currently waiting downstairs for you to finish getting ready for your date at a fancy new restaurant to celebrate your three month anniversary. You'd just finished curling your y/h/c hair and applying light makeup before slipping into a sexy black dress; putting on your heels you walked down the stairs to see Kai's jaw drop at how stunning you looked.

"Wow you've managed to look sexier than me y/n!" He added with a wink. Rolling your eyes you linked arms and exited the door, confusion crossing your face when you saw Kai looking uncomfortably towards the car.

Elena, Damon, Bonnie and Stefan were standing there, Stefan and Elena watching with looks of concern and Damon and Bonnie glaring at your boyfriend like they were ready to murder him.

"Y/n. What are they doing here?" Kai whispered into your ear as you took a hesitant step towards your friends.

"Yeah guys, can I help you with something?"

Damon was the first one to speak, his posture tight and threatening, "Yeah you can help us by breaking up with this asshole right now y/n."

You couldn't believe your so-called friends had interrupted your date only to tell you to break up with your boyfriend; rage and confusion washed over you.

"Damon, are you even serious right now why would you say that?"

"He's right y/n! Kai is dangerous and manipulative, he killed his whole family and tried to kill Bonnie; you can't be with someone like that!" Not believing what you were hearing you turned angrily on the doppelgänger.

"I'm sorry Elena but Damon has killed plenty of people himself! Kai hasn't had an easy life and you cannot judge him when you don't know his full story, his family treated him awfully and like a complete outsider just because he was a siphon!"

Glancing at Kai, who had been surprisingly quiet you saw him clenching his fists with a furious expression but underneath you saw hurt.

"Y/n we just want to protect you, I know it's hard but you must understand that he isn't good for you!"

At Stefan's comment Kai exploded with anger and his magic smashed several streetlights, plunging the road into semi-darkness.

"How do you all come up and tell y/n what she's doing wrong when Stefan has killed hundreds of people in ripper mode and Damon slaughters whoever the hell he wants to; the only reason you four have got your limbs is because your y/n's friends so fuck off!"

"You left me in the prison world for months! Because of your own selfish needs to get out, you don't deserve y/n she's too good for you, Kai!" You had to admit you felt a little bad for Bonnie who was in tears at the thought of her detainment.

Kai himself turned pale as he surveyed Bonnie, pain glittering in his eyes, "Look Bonnie, I'm-I'm sorry, for everything I know I don't deserve y/n I worry about that everyday! I'm constantly terrified she could find someone better!"

Your heart broke at his confession that he thought he wasn't good enough for you, he was one of the best things in your life and you weren't going to let Elena ruin one good thing that had happened to you.

"You know what Kai is perfect for me! Damon has done awful things yet you still love him Elena! It's the same with Kai, I accept him wholeheartedly for whatever bad things he's done in the past and I want you to leave us both alone! We are happy together and we love each other more than you know! I'm so sorry Bonnie about what happened to you, but ever since we got together Kai has become more and more human!"

The gang was speechless as you and Kai turned around and reentered your house, where you embraced him, watching over his shoulder as your 'friends' left.

"They're right y/n, I'm not right for you."

Pulling his face down to look into your eyes you frowned; "Kai Parker you are the best thing that ever happened to me and I love you. Don't ever doubt that."

Smiling you leaned your foreheads together and you knew that the two of you would be together for ever.