They comfort you

Stefan:

Everyone has their moments where they feel insecure, weak and helpless. For you, a human living in Mystic Falls, that was a regular occurrence. You constantly felt like nothing but a burden compared to all of your vamp friends and you hated it.

"So what are we going to do about the 'Klaus' situation?"

Damon was pacing a hole through the living room carpet of the boarding house, Elena, Stefan, you, Bonnie, Caroline and Jeremy all watching him nervously. He was clearly about to explode and nobody wanted to face Damon's wrath.

"Honestly," Elena piped up quietly, "I think we should just leave him. Yes he has his family back but until we know what Klaus is planning there's no use in worrying over where he is every moment of the day."

Of course Damon being Damon wouldn't go down without a fight. "Elena. We can't just sit here and do nothing while the hybrid freak show parades around with his bloodthirsty vampire posse!"

"Damon, 'Lena is right. There's nothing we can do right now."

Spinning around to face you, Damon walked towards the table containing his alcohol and took a big swig from the bourbon glass before facing you.

"Seriously y/n. Why are you even here? I mean Bus Boy is a more helpful human and to be honest I don't know why you're even involved you're pretty much useless."

The three girls reacted immediately, jumping to your defence and Stefan stood up angrily; none of this fazed Damon who stood calmly pouring himself another drink.

Were you really useless? Did your opinions not matter? You were so worried about dragging everyone down and Damon had just pointed out the obvious for everyone to hear. Letting out a strangled sob everyone's heads snapped to look at you including Damon's who face showed a trace of guilt.

The first tears started falling as you walked out of the living room and into the wooden hallway as you slid down against the wall and cried into your hands.

Why were you being so overdramatic? You knew why. Damon's words had hit home and judging from the shouting you could hear everyone else could see how badly it affected you.

"Oh y/n." You looked up to see Stefan glancing down at you with a sad expression. Pulling you into a hug he shushed you quietly.

 Pulling you into a hug he shushed you quietly