~Alaric~✔️

Hey guys I'm sorry for being so lame with updating! Ive had such a busy week because one of my family members is super ill. This is for @MariasLife2003
thanks for the request!

Imagine dating Alaric but him being insecure because he's a lot older.

Everyone knew that living in Mystic Falls with vampires, werewolves and witches wasn't easy

Everyone knew that living in Mystic Falls with vampires, werewolves and witches wasn't easy. But let's face it, dating was even harder. Luckily for you, you had an amazing boyfriend, who was kind, loyal and always there whenever you needed support.

The only problem? He was older than you. Quite a lot older as well. Your wonderful boyfriend, Alaric Saltzman was pretty insecure when it came to your relationship as he thought it wasn't right that a thirty-something year old was dating an eighteen year old.

"Y/n, it literally makes me a pedophile; I'm the guy that parents warn there kids about."

Rolling your eyes you put down the magazine to look at your boyfriends wide eyes, as he pleaded his case. For the fifth time today.

"Rick, sweetie, you make it sound like you kidnapped me and forced me to be with you. I'm eighteen so it's not illegal in any way and I wish you would stop beating yourself up every time we kiss."

Sighing Alaric hesitantly stood up and walked into the bathroom presumably to get ready for the day ahead and you lay back wondering how on earth you were going to get through to your man.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You had finished an exhausting day of shopping and were lugging the bags up to alaric's apartment to give him some groceries he had asked for that morning. As you reached the door and placed your hand on the handle you heard the snarky voice of Damon Salvatore.

You knew it was wrong to eavesdrop and you definitely knew that you should respect your boyfriend's privacy a lot more but you couldn't help but listen to Damon and alaric's slightly raised voices.

"How the hell did you even get y/n? She's a super hot teenager; damn if I wasn't with Elena then I'd be going after her."

You were swearing to the Lord that if Damon said another word about the already sensitive subject you would stab him in the heart with a stake.

Of course he did because he's Damon fucking Salvatore.

"Come on Ric, she's eighteen and gorgeous and you're old, you're my best friend pal, I don't want you to get hurt by a teenager who's only sleeping with you to get good grades."

Gasping you pushed through the door, disposing of your bags by the kitchen and storming over to Damon who smirked up at you.

"Get out."

Without another word the arrogant piece of shit swaggered out leaving you with Alaric who was pretty much in tears and downing a glass of scotch. Trying to prise the glass out of his hands you succeeded and pulled him into a hug.

"It's not true Alaric, none of what Damon said is true."

Pulling away he stood up to face you angrily throwing his glass to the floor where it shattered melodically.

"Really y/n? Because I'm interested. What the hell do you see in me? You're beautiful and young and smart and I honestly can't figure out why you would choose to waste your life with some middle aged bachelor when you could go for anyone else."

Taking a step towards Ric he backed away slowly, but you weren't going to let him out that easily. "Alaric Saltzman. I love you because you're kind and lovely and always know how to make me feel better. You make me happy on days where I don't know if I can carry on and you help me when my work is too hard; on weekends when I haven't brushed my hair or put on any makeup you tell me I'm beautiful and you're willing to sit with me through long cheesy movies which most guys would barf at. You helped me get through the idea that there are freaking vampires in mystic falls and you've protected me throughout all the bad things that have happened to me. I love you. Don't ever doubt that."

Alaric's face now had tears running down it and you embraced him slowly, sighing with relief when his arms tightened around you and he buried his face in your neck, "I love you y/n, you mean the world to me."

And he couldn't even begin to imagine how much he meant to you.

Hey guys! I'm really sorry these imagines aren't very long but I'll try to work on making them longer! What would you guys like next? Something angsty or fluffy?