Daniel: Feels Like Yesterday

myoceanblue__ this one's for you my dear :)

Daniel had quit Formula 1. Yes, he had walked away from everything. Not that you questioned his decision, you understood perfectly, you were both parents to Alfie Ricciardo, who was due to start school in September. So Daniel made the decision to be a full time parent, and walked away from his one true passion. You could see how much it hurt him, telling the media he would not come back, especially after winning 2 world titles, however Alfie did need a father, and to you, it felt like you were a single mum, with Daniel being away so much.

But that was the past. He was now home with you and Alfie, and it was his first day of school. He was attending a school in Perth, the same one that Daniel attended all those years ago. You made sure to dress Alfie well, his check shirt and denim shorts reflecting the style of his father. You made sure he had pencils and a packed lunch, just what the school required of him.

You took Alfie's hand in yours, Daniel taking his other hand, before walking the short distance to the school. Alfie had inherited Daniel's smile and infectious giggle, as when the early morning sunlight hit his face, he cringed a little before letting out a tiny giggle from behind the smile.

Once there, you eventually had to let him go into the building, which was an emotional moment for you as a parent. You released his hand, before settling into your husband's gentle touch. He also watched on as your son Alfie walked into the school on his first day. You started to cry a little, as did Daniel, the tear lines visible against his skin.

"Shush love, he'll be okay, I know he will" you murmured to him, and you were right, he would be alright.

*Time Skip*

"Alfie Ricciardo, degree in Economics!" The principle of the university announced, and you saw your son walk up on to the stage, and collect the degree. He looked exactly like his father now, same smile, same curly brown hair, it reminded you of the man sitting beside you, who hadn't changed over the years. 

You stood up and cheered for your son, proud of his achievements, as did Daniel, and the pair of you let out cheers, tears once again escaping your eyes. It was hard to realise how fast time had flown by, it felt like yesterday that you were holding the pregnancy test in your hands, realising you were carrying little Alfie. You remembered the moment he kicked for the first time, remembered when you held him for the first time, remembered his first words, his first steps, his first day of school. You'd been there through it all, and you would continue to be there with Alfie.

Hey guys, new one shot for you all! I can't believe I've written this, it's taken forever!

If you'd like a one shot, simply message me, or leave a comment on here detailing what you'd like. I'll write one shots about 2016 and 2017 drivers, whoever you'd like :)

Anyways, until next time, enjoy :)

Zoë xx :)