Daniel: Alive

Comparedtoyou this one's for you. I've based it off a song, which is attached. It's Alive by Sia, if you don't know it, you really should listen to it :)
Y/N: Your Name
Y/L/N: Your Last Name

You were about to compete at the world contemporary dance championships, and you couldn't believe you'd finally made it to the championships. They were being held in New York, and you'd never visited the city. You got to explore it a little bit before the competition, however not too much, as you really wanted to perform well at the championships.

The wait backstage was agonising, as you just wanted to perform your chosen piece, Alive by Sia. It was a very emotive song, and you wanted to convey this through your dancing. The song also meant a lot to you, as it reminded you of your boyfriend. He was a formula 1 driver, and it was very dangerous. He had been knocked down several times, almost considered quitting, yet he's now got to one of the top teams, Red Bull Racing, with a 4x world champion teammate, Sebastian Vettel. This dance was for the 2 of you, for him, and for you. We may have been knocked down, but you were still breathing, and doing better than ever.

"Y/N Y/L/N, will you please take to the floor?" The loud American voice spoke into the microphone, and you slowly trudged into the right place to start the routine.

I grew up in a thunderstorm, I grew up overnight, I played alone I played on my own, I survived.
I wanted everything I never had, like the love that comes with light, I wore envy but I hated that, but I survived.

You moved your body as you had choreographed, every movement showing the raw emotions you wanted it to.

I had a one-way ticket to a place where all the demons go, where the wind don't change, and nothing in the ground can ever grow, no hope, just lies, and you're taught to cry into your pillow, but I survived.

You once again felt the music, and performed the actions you'd trained for months. You moved your left arm above your head, and your gaze followed that, trying to bring out the emotions.

I'm still breathing, I'm still breathing, I'm still breathing, I'm still breathing.

You bought your hands to your chest, and moved your arms in and out, imitating a heartbeat. You moved your body in addition, stimulating the actions of a beating heart, to show you were still alive.

I'm alive, I'm alive, I'm alive, I'm alive.

You did a split jump, followed by an Angel leap, then a couple of spins. You then took a run, and then did an aerial. The crowd absolutely loved your routine, and they were applauding you for the performance.

It was a nervous wait for you backstage, as everyone looked like they had done a better job than you. It was Saturday evening, and you just wanted to be able to go to Montreal tomorrow morning, and tell Daniel that you'd become the world's best contemporary dancer.

"We are now ready to announce the contemporary prizes" the American announcer said into the microphone, and your heart started to beat faster than normal. This could be the moment that you became the best contemporary dancer in the world.

"Our contemporary dance world champion 2014 is y/n y/l/n!" He said into the microphone, and you immediately teared up, you had done it. You could go to Montreal tomorrow and say to Daniel that you were the world's best contemporary dancer. You made your way up to the stage to collect your trophy and have photographs taken, which was surreal to you. You never expected your dance to win you a world title, however it happened.

I found solace in the strangest place, way in the back of my mind, I saw my life in a stranger's face, and it was mine.

I had a one-way ticket to a place where all the demons go, where the wind don't change, and nothing in the ground can ever grow, no hope, just lies, and you're taught to cry into your pillow, but I survived.

After the final, you made your way to the airport, and on the first flight to Montreal. You checked up on the qualifying results, and saw Daniel 6th. In the back of the mind, you knew he could do better, however kept the belief, because if you could win the world title, he could win the race.

The next morning, you went down to Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, and immediately weaved past the security. You made your way to the red bull garage. Sebastian greeted you with a warm welcome, however you soon noticed the figure in the corner of the room, and instantly ran into his loving arms. He kissed you passionately, before gathering his thoughts for the race. You didn't dare tell him about the result when he wanted to focus. You had a feeling this weekend would be a special one for him, so you wanted to give him the space he needed.

The lights went out on the grid, and he didn't get a great start. He was down to around 8th. It wasn't great, although you still had belief.

I'm still breathing, I'm still breathing, I'm still breathing, I'm still breathing, I'm alive, I'm alive, I'm alive, I'm alive.

By lap 40, he was lying in 5th, within touching distance of 4th. He made the overtake, and a feeling of pride took over. Maybe he could win this after all?

You took it all, but I'm still breathing, you took it all, but I'm still breathing, you took it all, but I'm still breathing, you took it all, but I'm still breathing,
you took it all, but I'm still breathing, you took it all, but I'm still breathing, you took it all, but I'm still breathing, you took it all, but I'm still breathing.

Another overtake happened, and he was in 3rd place. He was on the podium at last. A feeling of pride took over, and even if he didn't win now, it didn't matter to you.

I have made every single mistake, that you could ever possibly make, I took and I took and I took what you gave, but you never noticed that I was in pain, I knew what I wanted, I went out and got it, did all the things that you said that I wouldn't, I told you that I would never be, forgotten, and all in spite of you

By lap 65, he was leading. It was hard for you to take in, the last 24 hours. You had become a world champion, and your boyfriend was about to take his first race win.

And I'm still breathing, I'm still breathing, I'm still breathing, I'm still breathing, I'm alive (you took it out, but I'm still breathing), you took it out, but I'm still breathing), I'm alive (you took it out, but I'm still breathing), you took it out, but I'm still breathing, I'm alive (you took it out, but I'm still breathing), you took it out, but I'm still breathing.

You could see how much he was fighting for the win. Every incident that had ever happened in his career, the crashes, broken ribs, bruises, they had all come down to this. The safety car came out on lap 70, the final lap, which confirmed the victory. After every incident, every setback, he would be standing on the top step.

You rushed over to the radio director, determined to speak to him. He connected you through to the race radio, and you decided to finally announce you were world champion.

"We are the champions my friend, we'll keep on fighting til the end! Well done love! We're both champions at last!"

"Thanks babe, I guess you won the world title then? I'm so happy, thanks guys, thanks everyone who's got me here!"

"Yes I did! I can't believe it. Daniel Ricciardo, you are now a champion! You've won a Grand Prix! I'm so proud of you!"

You let him speak to the team afterwards, before the podium started. You got ushered towards the barriers, where you'd be standing front row. He came over to where you were standing, and hugged you tightly from behind the barriers.

Throughout the podium, you could see him trying to resist tears, and you were trying to do the same. You were both champions, you were his champion, and he was your champion. He finally got his first place trophy, and his smile lit up the whole circuit. He smiled down at you in the crowd, and you smiled back, before mouthing "I love you". He mouthed the same thing back, before standing tall for the Australian national anthem, which was the perfect way to end the weekend.

I'm alive, I'm alive, I'm alive, I'm alive.

I love this lyrical based style of one shot, this was the most fun to write, by a long way! If you have any requests, then feel free to request something. Simply direct message me, or comment on here. I'd love some more one shots based on songs, so if you can send me ideas, that would be great.
Anyways, until next time, enjoy :)
Zoë :) xx