Max: Paradise

Lukeyyyxx and LucyReus  I hope you like it :) p.s: Max will be older in this, around 25 years old :)
Y/N: your name

It was race day at Spa, and you were particularly nervous. Your boyfriend of 5 years, Max Verstappen, was racing in front of home crowds, and he didn't want to let any of them down, and you didn't want him to let them down either.

He got a good launch off the line, taking first place after la source, where the bottleneck formed. He thankfully managed to avoid that, and keep the lead. He had build up a 6 second advantage by lap 7, however this was soon destroyed by a nasty crash by Magnussen.

The crash looked like it hurt a lot, so got very concerned about Kevin's wellbeing. However you knew that this had also destroyed Max's lead, so the nerves were clearly building up.

The cars got going around 10 minutes later, and Max got an amazing start, extending his lead once again. You watched on in awe in the garage, so proud of him for his performance on home soil.

The next hour passed in no time, and you saw Max crossing the finish line in 1st place. Red Bull Racing rushed to the podium barriers, and they let you through to the front row, so you could see your boyfriend right after the race. He ran to the barriers as soon as he saw you there, and took you into a massive hug, but then had to go to the podium. You saw tears running down his cheeks when he came back out, the adoring Belgian crowds lapping up the victory. He stood proud to the national anthem, whilst you stood looking up at him, smiling away. You were so proud of him, and you wanted him to be happy because of the victory.

After the race, he came up to you, and said he had organised a special vacation before Italy, and that you'd be leaving right after the race. You packed all your things from the hotel into your pale blue suitcase, before driving to the airport, where Max's private jet was located.

"Max, where are we going?" You asked him with curiosity, scared as to where your getaway would be to.

"Y/N, relax. It's meant to be a surprise." He said back to you, which made you even more curious.

An hour after takeoff, you had landed at your destination, which you soon recognised as SanRemo, where you had your first date. You recognised the familiar atmosphere of the town, it made you feel at ease.

He had hired a small apartment for a day, for you to just relax in SanRemo. The morning after you arrived, you made your way down to the familiar walkway right by the strip of beaches. You both chatted about your life over the last 5 years, and about your future. You both definitely wanted children, but also wanted to marry, so they would have to wait for a little. You also wanted to see Max win a world title, having lost out to his teammate Daniel Ricciardo on no less than 3 separate occasions.

He bought you down a set of stairs, which lead to the beach where you spent your first evening together. He lead you down to a spot in the sand, and placed your belongings down there. He then instructed you to get changed, whilst he also went to get changed. You found your beloved white bikini to wear, whilst he was wearing some navy blue knee length shorts. Even after 5 years, you loved the little things about him, like his toned frame.

He placed a quick peck on your lips, before running down to the Mediterranean coast, and jumping straight into the ocean. You ran behind him, but didn't jump straight in with him, instead apprehensively stepping in. It was cold at first, however after a few minutes, the ocean definitely warmed up. You spent a couple of hours messing around with the several toys you'd bought for fun, and it was just as good as the first date.

It was 5pm when you got out of the water, and dried off. However Max did not allow you to go get changed, instead insisting that you stayed on the beach.

"Y/N, love. 5 years ago, our first date was here. I can remember it like it was yesterday, it was one of the best moments of my life. And here we are, 5 years later, and we're still going strong. I love you so much, you inspire me to win as much as I can, you are my driving force, and I never want to lose you. 5 years ago, on this beach, I asked you to be my girlfriend..." he started to say, tears forming in your eyes. He then got down on one knee, and that's when the tears started to fall. "And now, I'm here, asking you whether you'll be my wife. Y/N, will you marry me?"

You had to process what he said, however soon responded with a quick "yes I will." He then placed the silver diamond ring on your finger, and it gently shone in the early evening Italian sun. This was one of the best days of your life, made even better by your fiancé winning his home race the day before.

I loved writing this one! I hope you guys liked this one too! If you'd like to request anything, just leave me a comment, or send me a personal message. I'd like some more ideas, so even if you've requested one idea, feel free to submit more!
Anyways, until next time, enjoy :)
Zoë :) xx