Daniel: We Ain't Ever Getting Older

VettelFerrari I hope I've done it justice :) it's based on the song closer by the chainsmokers, if you haven't heard that song, then take a listen :)
Y/N: your name

Hey, I was doing just fine before I met you, I drink too much and that's an issue, but I'm okay. Hey, tell your friends it was nice to meet them, but I hope I never see them again.

You had the perfect life back at high school. The perfect Australian summers, spent with your close friends, the winter breaks spent down town with them, things seemed to be perfect.

You even had a boyfriend, Daniel. He was the sweetest thing you knew, always trying to lighten the mood. You would sneak out at midnight sometimes, heading down to the Perth shores, getting drunk out of your minds. It was just the 2 of you, and it made you feel alive. You didn't need your friends when you were with him, because he was enough.

I know it breaks your heart, moved to the city in a broke down car and, four years no calls, now you're looking pretty in a hotel bar, and I-I-I-I-I can't stop, no I-I-I-I-I can't stop.

It was four days after your 17th birthday, when you received the devastating news. Daniel was moving, alone, to Italy. Of all places, Italy. You knew he was chasing his dream of karting, but you never expected him to leave as early as this. The news left you torn apart, nothing was really the same without him.

You waited for 4 long years, hoping and praying that he'd return. You were now a successful restaurant owner in Perth, and he was quite well known on the single seater series. Of course you followed his progress, you never stopped supporting him, however you knew you'd have to make a living for yourself, so set up the restaurant chain.

"Hiya, I've got a reservation for tonight." You heard a voice call out from the door of the restaurant, one that you thought you knew so well. You thought it was mind games, there was no way Daniel was back in Perth, in the restaurant you owned.

"Yes sure, I'll just get one of our staff to sort you out." You replied, not looking up at the figure, too scared to be let down by the crazy idea put in your head.

"Wait how did you know? Hang on, you sound very familiar. Y/n, is that you?" You heard the figure ask, and you immediately looked up at the warm brown eyes, the ones you loved all that time ago.

"It's me, Daniel. I never left, you know. Waited four long years for this. Damn I missed you!"

So baby pull me closer in the backseat of your rover, that I know you can't afford, bite that tattoo on your shoulder, pull the sheets right off the corner of the mattress that you stole, from your roommate back in Boulder, we ain't ever getting older.

That night, you both made it back to your place. A little intoxicated, however not drunk. This felt exactly like the old times, except for the fact that you were now 21.

It started off with a simple kiss, just like it used to be, however it soon escalated. One kiss soon turned into five, which then turned into love bites. They then turned into clothing being shed, and a journey to the bedroom. Waking up in the morning, you looked over your shoulder, seeing him still sleeping in peace. You could also make out the lines of your new tattoo across your shoulder blade, which you got done a few months ago.

You, look as good as the day I met you, I forget just why I left you, I was insane. Stay, and play that blink one eighty two song, that we beat to death in Tuscon, okay.

The days soon passed, and you realised just how much you missed him. He was on his training break, so you spent every second with him, just like before. You weren't in a relationship anymore, but you really wanted to have what you used to have. He still had that charm of when you first met him, that cheeky smile, and the dark brown eyes, but he was now taller, and had sorted his hair out.

You spent your days chilling in your back yard, playing songs on guitar, messing around on the beaches, and hanging around town. Your favourite song to play was All The Small Things by Blink 182, which was their most popular hit. It just made you feel happy, and with Daniel's presence, you felt alive once again.

I know it breaks your heart, moved to the city in a broke down car and, four years no call, and now I'm looking pretty in a hotel bar and I-I-I-I-I can't stop, no I-I-I-I-I can't stop.

All good things had to come to an end, it seemed, as Dan had to move once again. He had been offered a move into formula 1 through the Formula Renault 3.5 series, so wanted to leave for the series. That left you lonely once again, wondering if he'd ever remember you once he got super famous. You wondered if he'd ever make it, if he'd ever win a race, a world championship. All these questions you had about his and your future.

But four years later, you somehow managed to make it to Canada. Not Australia, but Canada. Your sister had a property with her boyfriend, and invited you to stay for the GP weekend, so you did. You bought the tickets, and booked flights. You didn't know many people in F1, you'd forgotten to check if Daniel even made it to Formula 1. It had been that long since you'd last seen him.

So baby pull me closer in the backseat of your rover that I know you can't afford, bite that tattoo on your shoulder, pull the sheets right off the corner of the mattress that you stole, from your roommate back in Boulder, we ain't ever getting older.

You watched with anticipation, seeing the masses of cars flying around the circuit. You could hear some people talking about the Australian driver, however you assumed this was Webber. You got cut out of this thought by the announcement of the winner crossing the finish line, someone who you really didn't expect.

"And that was Daniel Ricciardo, of Australia, winning the 2014 Canadian Grand Prix! It's his first ever win, may we add!"

You waited around the back of the paddock, afterwards, hoping that he would eventually greet you. You had known him for the majority of your life, and knew he always cared for people, so hoped he would do the same today.

"Y/N, what are you doing here?!" You heard the familiar voice call, and moments later, his hands were laced around your neck, lips millimetres apart. You didn't care that you were in public, you hadn't seen him in 4 years, and wanted to properly celebrate the encounter and the win.

"I can't believe you did it, Daniel. Over the 14 years I've known you for, I've never been as proud as you than today!" You whispered, away from the crowds. You felt his hands move to your waist, before being hoisted over the barrier. He then grabbed your hand, and lead you to the motorhome.

"Look, y/n, I've missed you, a lot. Seeing you again after 4 years has just reminded me of how much I miss you. I just want you close to me, I never want to let you go again. Would you be willing to move into my Monaco apartment?"

"You know, I've missed you a lot too! Of course I will, there was never a no option for me!"

"And also, will you be my girlfriend again? I know last time it happened, we were young, but now I'm older, and I want to spend my F1 journey accompanied by you."

"Yes I will. I've been through it all, from karting, to Renault 3.5, and I'll stay to the end."

Soon after that, you retreated to the hotel room. Once again, a simple kiss turned into a heated intimate moment, however this was what you wanted.

And years later, he still made you feel so alive, just like your childhood with him. You were getting older by the second, now in your thirties, with 2 children, however when you were with him, you were never getting older, feeling like when you were 16, getting drunk at the beach at midnight.

With Daniel, you felt alive.

I loved this one shot, it just felt amazing to write. I love the song, and had always wanted to write something like this, so I hope I've done it justice.
If you want to request a one shot, simply leave a comment on here, or send me a message, and I'll complete your request :)
Anyways, until next time, enjoy :)
Zoë :) xx