adoption day

Ugh I hate adoption day, all the couples who wanted to adopt would go around me saying " aw she's so cute" or say " she's so adorable I want her!". Like piece of shits back off. When someone remotely looked like they might want to adopt me I would just run away and go to my room while giving them the middle finger (I saw an older kid do it once).

I know it sounds harsh but it always make's them back off and not want to adopt me. I came to this shelter at 4 and a half and now I'm 8 and a half and I was very anti social and would mostly read all the time.

Like any shelter this one needed some serious repairs because most of the paint was peeling off and turning into a disgusting brownish color . So ya, their basically the definition of cheap. Its so funny how their suddenly big spenders when it comes to staff parties.

" ALL KID'S GO TO THE MAIN ENTRANCE FOR ADOPTION DAY!" Mrs. tulip( what kinda name is that?!) said through the speaker . GREAT! The couples are coming. I slowly got off the bed and trudged towards the main entrance almost getting run over by a mob of running kid's. As I came to the main entrance the 1st person came in to adopt. Some of the kid's actually gasped from how beautiful she looked( I was chill obviously). She smiled at the crowd of children and walked to Mrs. Tulip the she-devil and told her she wanted a girl between the age of 5 to 10( the older kids looked heartbroken, like why did she have to say that out loud?!).

Mrs.Tulip smiled and brought her over to my section of the room " here are the girls that are 5-10 tell me if you find the right girl to adopt ( what are we? PETS?!)"

than Mrs. Tulip walked over to the main door to help another couple wanting to adopt. The rich woman (I think) looked at us and smiled and all the kid's smiled back except me. uh- oh she noticed because she knelt down and asked if I was alright.

I just walked away and sat on a chair to read my favorite book. Soon all the kids went to there room and all waited hope fully for the announcements to see who got adopted but I didn't want to have a new mom or dad that would be betraying my original ones... even if I barely remember them.

Soon they announced the people who got adopted and I WAS CALLED. I was pretty shocked since I only read the entire time. I was wearing the necklace my mom gave me and clutched it wondering who picked me. Soon I finished packing and waited to see who adopted me. Mrs. Tulip came in smiling ( to happily) at me and said I was getting adopted by Ms. Hannah. (She was the rich woman that asked if I was alright.) I just shrugged and acted like I didn't care, following her out.

I went inside her red sports car and buckled up. " hello I heard you don't speak to much but I'm sure we will get along well" Ms. Hannah said. I just nodded while the gentle rocking of the car lulled me to sleep.