introduction

I was just four
The moment when it happened
I'll never forget it although the details aren't as sharp
But than again who could forget death?
Who wouldn't let it haunt them?
I just need to close my eyes and I'll see it...

Flash back

" Go inside quickly!" my mom whispered. I was very confused but did what she asked anyway.

My mom was sobbing covering her face with her hands, trying and failing to hide her tears. She shoved me into the wardrobe with extra force.  " I love you" she whispered her eyes bore into mine as I'd dissappear and than quickly locked the door".

"WHERE IS SHE???" a familiar voice roared. " She's probably at the police station by now" my dad spit out.

" Come out little Katrine and ill spare your parents life's " the familiar voice spoke in a menacing tone. I froze, paralyzed with fear. I couldn't move a muscle and made shallow breaths. " Have it your way " the unknown voice said. I heard my parents penetrating screams and then heard 1 gun bullet being shot then the second. I started crying and put my hand over my mouth to muffle the noise. "Let's go, she probably wont remember who we are anyway ,she'll just be a nobody" said another voice. When it was quiet enough  I slammed against the door until it opened with a riveting bang.

I cautiously crawled out of the wardrobe careful not to make a sound. I saw my mom and dad on the floor covered in blood. I ran to my  mom crying and wondering if she was ok but it was obvious she wasn't. " Mom"?  I cried ,my voice filled with angst. She forced her eyes opened and said her last words.

" Remember I always will love you and know you will grow up to be a beautiful young lady" she then slowly unwrapped the necklace tied around her neck and handed it to me .

She was about to say something else when her eyes slowly closed and she lay there lifeless. I cried and put the necklace in my pocket as I slowly got tired and fell to sleep as I was carried away..

end of flash back

After that day I grew confused, angry , and sad at the world for making me watch my own parents die, I ask myself everyday the same question.... why?