21

Cameron

I fell asleep watching Friday with Kamiya. When I woke up her arms were wrapped around my waist. I smirked and looked around for my phone. I took a picture of her and then looked at the tv screen.

A phone started to ring but it wasn't mine. She started to move before waking up fully. She answered her phone.

"Hello?...Another?...why?...they can't do that...Okay I'm coming." She said

"You good?" I asked.

"Jamila got into another fight and child protective services tryna take her." She said

She got up and put her shoes and jacket on. I put on my shoes and followed her outside. We got into her car and drove to the school. She was swerving and speeding, almost made me have a heart attack.

When we got to school and didn't even park right but we got out and went in. She lead the way and I followed. We went inside the principal office and saw officers with Mikah, my dad and Jamila who was crying.

"Mila." Kamiya said

Jamila looked up at her and ran to her. They hugged and I went to my dad.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Jamila was fighting and she broke the girl nose. The girl wanna press charges but Jamila mom ain't no where to be found. So they call Child Protection services." He said.

"She's going to have to come with us." The officer said.

"No I'm 18 she can stay with me." Kamiya said.

"Your 18 but not her parent. She's only 16 years old she need to be with an adult or legal guardian." He said.

"I'm her older sister she can come home with me." Kamiya said.

"Talk to the judge about it." He said pulling Jamila out.

Kamiya started crying hard and Mikah walked to her and hugged her. I saw him wipe his face as they hugged. She pushed him away softy and she shook her head before walking out.

"Dad we can't help?" Mikah asked

"Not without their mother or father around." He said.

"Fuck!" Mikah yelled and punched the wall.

"Mikah calm down." He said.

Mikah just walk out the office.

Kamiya

I walk to Ms. Taylor door and knock on it. She opened it with her hair all messed up and a robe on.

"Can you give me the number my mother called you from?" I said.

"Yeah sweetie are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah I just need to talk to her." I said

She showed me the number and I thanked her. As I walked back to my car I called her.

Pam- Hello?

Kamiya- Mom

Pam- Kamiya? How did you get this number?

Kamiya- Ma they took Jamila away.

Pam- Who did?

Kamiya- Child Protective Services

Pam- When?

Kamiya- It doesn't matter when they took her away. You need to come home now.