thirteen

Forgotten

"When is the news paper launch?"

I shrugged. "Not sure. Maybe next week? I mean, my cousins are putting extra effort and the whole team is busy. Eunhye told me they usually get lunch at one."

"I hope this doesn't affect their grades. And their health, too."

"Don't worry, my cousins - especially Soobin - are naturally smart and very hardworking. Besides, they're excused in class. They won't fail."

Jimin smiled but stayed quiet nonetheless.

Yes, I'm with Jimin again. For some reason, he went with me to the cafeteria and shared a table with me, too. I was supposed to be with Hanseol and Taekwon, but this isn't so bad. Jimin has been such a good friend to me recently that it's hard to believe it's real. A really popular guy with a warm and kind attitude? You don't see that everyday. Most of the time, fame gets into one's head. Thankfully, it didn't get to him nor to my cousins' mind at all.

"How about you? Are there any tournaments for the volleyball team?"

He pondered for a bit before shaking his head. "The team will be competing in the winter division but we're not training yet. Just regular practices but not exactly preparation for the contest. It's still October, anyway. I'm focusing on the upcoming Lion's Sketch event."

"Oh, I almost forgot about that!" I nodded my head. He really is a busy man, then. A lot of practices to go to and schedules to attend. It seems tiring. "When is the Lion Sketch's competition?"

"This Saturday."

"Already?" I asked, taking the tip of the chopsticks to my mouth and biting my food.

"Yup." Jimin nodded before chewing on his beef. "It will be held on Gwangju."

Gwangju is a little far from Seoul but it's understandable since it's a regional art contest. I wonder what it's like? The match is probably nerve-wracking. Seeing all the people you need to compete with wouldn't make me feel confident at all. It's probably good that I didn't win first place. I'm not mentally prepared for anything.

"Well, good luck!" I beamed, showing him a supportive thumbs up. "Do your best!"

"I will, I'll make sure to bring a medal home for you." He smirked slightly, and I automatically stiffened.

"No, win a medal for yourself. Not for a second placer like me." I laughed it off, peeling my eyes away from him.

He moved his hand and I easily caught him bringing more of his beef to my plate. "I want to do that, anyway." He smiled and continued, "eat, Hyori."

I couldn't help but notice how thoughtful and kind he is. Jimin is truly every girl's ideal type. Honestly, what is perfection when you've got Park Jimin? But then again, I don't understand why I can't feel anything for him.

"You're a really talented guy," I commented. "You're just like my cousins, you all got the best traits."

Jimin's brows rose upon hearing my statement. "You're talented, too." He placed his chopsticks down and chuckled to himself. "I wonder how you do it..."

"Do what?" I asked in confusion.

He looked at me, straight into the eyes. I felt bothered and decided to look away, until he finally spoke.

"You make me smile without doing anything. That's something."

-

I was in the middle of Research class when a knock on the door interrupted the discussion. The door was pushed open by Mr. Yoo, the school principal. He was a man in his 60's, slightly tall, with soft eyes and a kind smile.