Chapter 5: Studying Together?

Start from the beginning

"Since, when..do you..talk about me?" Tori inquired.

"I..Uh--"

"Yuma, my boy, you..never told me, that you..had..a girlfriend?" questioned Yuma's dad.

"WHAT!?" Yuma sweatdropped, his eyes turning into small circles. "She's..not..my girlfriend!"

Tori blushed, "We're..just..good friends, that..is all."

"So, Tori, why..are you, here?" said Mrs. Tsukumo.

"Well, I'm here..to help Yuma, with his studies. He's--"

"No! Don't..say it!" Yuma covered Tori's mouth with his hand, not wanting his parents to be informed about his bad grades. "Mmm," Tori said, with a muffled voice, in a angry way.

"Heh..we'll just..go upstairs, now! Bye!" Yuma sweatdropped again, him and his friend walked away. After that, Mr. and Mrs. Tsukumo looked at each other, being confused, "By the..looks of it, Yuma..probably doesn't want to talk about it."

"I think...it's..'cause, he got bad grades, Mom," Kari popped into the conversation.  "I'll..tell it, to him, straight. Just..wait and--"

The mother stopped Kari from taking a step further, by putting her hand onto her shoulder. "No need, honey. His..friend, is up there, helping him, with his studies. And, we don't want to..bother him. He already, has enough..on his mind. We..don't want to..pressure him."

Kari looked back at her. "Fine..You..do have a point."

~~~~~

"Mmm--"

"Oh, sorry," Yuma took his hand off of friend's mouth.

"Yuma! Why..did you, do..that!?" Tori got mad and smacked him on his head.

"Ow!" Yuma winced, rubbing his head, "Sorry, it's just..that..I didn't want..my parents..to find out, that I'm..failing in algebra."

Tori sighed. "Yuma, whether, you tell them, or not. They're..still going to find out, anyways."

"I..guess?" Yuma said, taking his algebra homework out of his bag.

"Oh," Tori faced the other way, so he wouldn't look at her. "And..your parents..seem..pretty nice."

"Oh..yah? They are..once, you..bond with them, more."

"Now, let's..start Yuma. You know, algebra, isn't that hard..once you..think about it," Tori sat down on the floor next to Yuma, when he set his work onto the top of the wooden platform that was near his glass window. "Sure..whatever, you..say."

An hour passed and Yuma was wiped out in his brain with mathematics. "AWW..I can't take..this, anymore! I need..a break!" he dropped his head on his paper.

"Um..ok, if you..say..so," Tori said, getting up. "What do you..want..to eat?"

Yuma got up and looked at her. "Uh..just a quick snack, would be fine, with me."

"Um..How..about..some..duel fuel?"

"Sure. That would be..great!"

"Good! I'll..go to the kitchen, now--" Tori screamed. "AHHH!" she fell down as Yuma accidentally tripped her. And, the boy fell backwards too, with the girl falling on the top of his chest. She blushed, she was in a close position to kiss him. "Uh..."

"S-sorry." Yuma apologized, stuttering. Tori got up, "I'll..just go..help your grandma, make some duel fuel." she headed downstairs. When she went upstairs, holding a plate of duel fuel, she couldn't find Yuma anywhere. "Yuma! Yuma! Where..are..YOU!?" she shouted. She then set the plate down and looked at the closed window. "AUGH! WHERE..IS HE!? He..should..be studying, now! Now, I..have to find that..stubborn kid!"