Chapter 27

Kallus, Zeb, and Ezra were thinking about the gigantic spider that was searching for them.

"What do we do?" Ezra asked Kallus who was holding Begger from attacking the spider. "It wants us obviously. But I think it guards the fruit." Kallus said and Ezra frowned. He faced his head towards Kallus but his eyes were looking to the far left instead of in front of him. Kallus felt a pang of sadness every time he saw Ezra's grey, sorta white, blind eyes but he pushed that aside and focused on the spider trying to kill them. Kallus looked around Ezra and saw the spider smashing things angrily and hissing like it was trying to say something.

The spider threw a tree that Kallus had to duck unless he wanted to be decapitated. "What are we going to do-AH!" Ezra yelled out in pain and clutched his stomach in pain. "Ezra! What's wrong?" Kallus asked and Ezra panted heavily. "I don't know, I feel...tired..I want to go to bed.." Ezra started to sound loopy. Kallus paled. That was the last stage of the virus but, Kallus didn't remember Ezra getting clingy.

"Zeb! Ezra is in the last stage of the Icky Virus but I think he skipped a stage! He didn't get clingy to anyone!" Kallus shouted as he grabbed Ezra and ran to a new hiding spot as the spider stabbed it's leg into the ground they were once on.

"He did get clingy! He stuck to me like his life depended on it...I did not mean to make that pun!" Zeb shouted and he aimed his boe-rifle at the spiders leg and shot at it. Kallus watched as a piece of something came off of the spider. "What the..?" Kallus looked at the piece that fell off the spider and something clicked.

"Zeb! Get closer and shoot it!" Kallus yelled. Zeb looked at him bewildered and shouted, "Look Sideburns, I like living so if you have a better idea where I won't get killed, come and tell me!" Begger was squirming in Kallus's arms and tried getting out but Kallus held tighter.

"Trust me! I think it wears armor so if you shoot it off, shoot the fleshy parts you nerf head!" Kallus shouted and Ezra clung tighter to Kallus until he started to slowly go unconscious. "Ezra! Hey! Come on, you can't fall​ asleep on me!" Kallus panicked and quickly grabbed the fruit in his bag.

"Eat this and you'll feel better." Kallus tried to sound reasonable but it was more like panicked yelling with him shoving the fruit in his mouth and forcing Ezra to chew and swallow.

Kallus forgot for a moment they were being attacked by a crazy, psychotic, spider-who broke the laws of physics but basically everything has-as he watched in relief as Ezra swallowed the fruit.

Before Kallus could react, Begger was out of his arms and barked at them like he was warning them. Kallus paled and quickly shoved Ezra as he saw the giant spider leg trying to squash them. "Ezra run!" Kallus yelled and felt the spider's leg slice his side a little.

Kallus quickly activated his boe-rifle while he was in mid-air and shot the spider underneath where the leg connected to the body. The spider screeched and thrashed angrily and stomped on everything but Kallus managed to limp ahead of it.

Kallus dragged Ezra who collapsed and drag him to Zeb and Begger who were hiding behind fallen trees.

"How can you not shoot it?! I gave you strict orders on what to do and what do you do? Not shoot the flippin spider that's trying to kill us!" Kallus whispered yelled and Zeb growled. "Sorry if your target moves every second!" Zeb retorted and they both growled at each other until Begger started whimpering.

Kallus stopped his childish fight and looked at Begger who was whimpering at Ezra who was sweating like crazy and moaning in pain. "Ah Karabast, is he going to be alright?" Zeb asked and Kallus nodded shaky. "I gave him the cure. He's responding to the cure, so he'll be better today but tired and sluggish is what he's going to be for about two days." Kallus said and watched the spider.