Chapter 20

Dedicated to all my followers! Without you guys I wouldn't have the desire to write this book for you!

--------------------------------

  Kanan was meditating with Ezra until he coughed the millionth time today. Kanan looked at him and saw that he was coughing bad, Kanan rubbed his back and made soothing noises. Ezra racked with cough's and Kanan got worried.

  Ezra stopped coughing and fell into Kanan who laid him down on the medical bed in the med-bay. The nurse droids said Ezra's injuries were severe and all the torturing and he had to stay for three weeks, which it's the second week and it was almost over but Kanan thinks he's sick.

  "Ezra, how do you feel? Are you sick?" Kanan asked and Ezra gazed down. "I think I am..." He said tiredly. Kanan noticed his face was pale, sweaty, and shaky. "Oh Ezra, rest and just stay relaxed." Kanan said and kissed his son's forehead. Kallus walked in to visit and said, "Hello Kanan, how are you?" Kanan gave a humph and said, "Ezra's sick. So I need him to take some medicine." 

   Kallus walked over to Ezra who was sitting up against his pillow and said, "Hey Kallus, how are ya?" It was more like a rasping voice trying to talk and Kallus gave a sympathetic smile and said, "I'm fine, how did you get sick? In all the places here when its meant to make people better?" Kallus asked confused and Kanan thought on that. "I don't know but you have a point." He said and Kallus faced Ezra. "How was your mission with Sabine and Zeb?" Ezra asked and Kallus shrugged. "It was fine, just get better." He said and patted his knee.

  Kanan got medicine and some water and made Ezra take it, well, try to take it. Kanan was holding the medicine to Ezra and said, "If you don't take it I'm going to make you do a hundred push ups when you get better." Ezra and Kanan had a stare down and Kallus watched them and his eyes flicked back and forth between them.

   "Should I leave? It looks like a time I should..." Kallus said and watched as Kanan made the spoon of medicine float behind him with the force and saw as Kanan faked defeat. "Whatever fine, you don't have to take it." He said and Ezra made a smile and went to laugh and when Ezra laughed Kanan shoved the medicine in with the force into his mouth.

   Ezra coughed and said, "You tricked me! I'm going-" Kanan interrupted with a smile and said, "What? Your sick and I gave you some sleeping medicine strong enough to knock you out in three, two, and now." Kallus watched as Ezra fell back and landed on the pillow and snored softly.

  "Remind me to give that to Zeb when he's chasing Chopper and ruining everything." Kallus said and Kanan laughed. "Zeb and Chopper make me want to put them in space and not return. You should've seen Ezra with Chopper. He would ruin the ship." Kanan said thoughtfully and smiled sadly at Ezra who wore his mask.

  Kallus saw and said, "He told me what happened, there was nothing you could've done." Kanan stared at him and asked, "He told you?" Kallus sighed and said, "When we were with the Empire I would stay with him and talk or watch him sleep in case anyone tried to hurt him. He told me about cause I saw him have a nightmare when I walked in one time and he started talking. You couldn't have done anything." 

  Kanan sighed and said, "I know, but its hard watching my child like this. But I would be there for him." 

    Kanan would always be there for Ezra.

---------------

  Hey! Freakin 296 votes! I want to thank you all all so much!!!!