Chapter 16

No one spoke....Kanan ran and caught Ezra as he hit the floor and Zeb took out the trooper. 

  "Ezra? Can you hear me?" Kanan asked and ran his hand over his pulse. "Dad...it hurts..." Ezra whimpered and Kanan felt tears fall. "Focus on me...focus on me.." Kanan was starting to loose it. Kallus was on his knees and Zeb was watching in despair. Rex was holding Sabine who was crying and Rex had tears also.

   "It hurts Daddy.." Ezra cried and Kanan placed his forehead against Ezra's and gripped his hair gently. He sent soothing waves but Ezra's pain was too much. 

  "Ezra, stay with me..s-stay p-please....your my s-son...m-my boy...." Kanan cried and Ezra was crying also. "I'm scared Dad..." Ezra said and Kanan traced his face like Ezra wanted to after nightmares. Master Billaba showed up and stayed near her padawan

   "Don't be..you'll be in peace a-and rest..don't leave.." Kanan begged and Ezra cried out. He was bleeding bad. "Ezra, stay with me...-s-stay....don't go son, I need you." Kanan whimpered out and Ezra coughed blood.

  "Dad, I love you....t-thank you, for everything...." Ezra said and Kanan held him tight. "It hurts Daddy....its difficult breathing.." Ezra said and Kanan let a cry out. He sobbed and Ezra cried and Kanan did more also.

  "I know son...b-but you need to try...for m-me, please?" Kanan asked and tears were stinging his cheeks. "But it hurts.." Ezra whimpered and hiccuped. "I know....Your my brave boy though...you can't be scared, so don't be..you'll be fine....." Kanna said.

  He knew what he had to do but how could he?

   "Take it away daddy....it hurts..." Ezra said and cried. Kanan held his son before it was time to go.....

   "Do you think I'll see my Dad and Mom?" Ezra asked and Kanan gripped his body. He sobbed and felt Ezra's breathing make more labored and hard. "You will...they'll be waiting...they can't wait to see you...d-don't go...I still need you..." Kanan said and tears dripped down to Ezra's chest. 

  "I can't wait to see them...b-but you are a-also my D-Dad...." Ezra rasped and howled in pain. Ezra howled in pain more in each time and Kanan knew he had to do it.

  "Ezra...just go to sleep....you'll feel better.....c-close your e-eyes..." Kanan said and gasped and cried. "Will you be there w-when I w-wake up?" Ezra asked and howled again. Kanan shuddered at Ezra's signature dropping.

   "S-sleep my precious child....it'll be better..." Kanan rasped out and Ezra closed his eyes. "I love you Dad...." Ezra said and Kanan kissed his forehead hard. "I love you, my precious precious, child....sleep....I love you..." Kanan said and Ezra smiled one last time and Kanan closed his eyes and......no more breathing....

    Kanan rocked back and forth with Ezra and screamed in pain....no one could comfort a father who lost their child.....Kanan gripped his hair and let out screams into Ezra's hair.....

     "WHY?! "