Chapter 5

A/N: RIP the fourth wall. Or what was left of it, anyway. (Also, two updates in one week?! 🎉)

John got back home to find an exceedingly unusual message in his inbox from Hotdamnilton.

He'd had to read it a few times, just to process. To check that he'd got this right. To try and figure out what had compelled whoever this was to send such a message. There was nothing wrong with it, per se, but it was...there weren't even words to describe it. It was brilliantly written - the first thing John had done was checked Hotdamnilton's profile to see whether they had published anything, which they hadn't, unfortunately. But the PM was filled with so much emotion, written with a level of expressiveness he could never even hope to achieve. It just didn't make sense in the context. At all.

He began to type a quick reply: Er, that's really nice of you. Seriously, I'm flattered.

He paused. He actually had no idea how to approach this. He just rolled with whatever sprung to mind. Like wow, that's actually so thoughtful. Was this a dare? This was probably a dare.

Wait. What if it wasn't a dare? What if this guy was...serious?

He felt colour rush to his cheeks. No. No, John, you're being stupid. Really stupid.

But was he willing to take that risk? If it wasn't a dare and this guy did mean what he said (God knew why) then suggesting it was just a dare when there was so much emotion in the words would be a low blow on John's part. Way to crush the guy's feelings. I mean, that was generally his job as a fanfic writer, but this would be personal. It was different. He paused, then deleted those last two sentences, replacing it with. I appreciate the gesture, but this really took me by surprise, so......... ^^'

Yeah. Yeah, that was probably good - 'Er, that's really nice of you. Seriously, I'm flattered. Like wow, that was so thoughtful. I appreciate the gesture, but this really took me by surprise, so.......^^'' (Should he mention he had a girlfriend? No...maybe, only if this person tried a second time...)

It was a bit repetitive, but what else was he meant to send? He supposed he could just ignore it, but it was so well written, he couldn't just let it slide right by. And he doubted he could craft a reply fantastic enough to match the first message. Again, the quality of the writing was mind-numbingly amazing.

He took a screenshot, and texted Martha because the more he re-read it the more hilarious it became.

🌸Mattie🌸

WHAT IS THIS XD>

<What is what?

XDDDDD THIS ONE:>

John quickly switched back to the FWN app, taking a screenshot and sending it through. Martha took a couple of minutes to read the message before replying.

<OMG LOL WTF
<ITS BEAUTIFUL
<THAT IS ACTUALLY A WORK OF ART

HOW DO I REPLY TO IT THO XD>

<¯\_()_/¯ 

You are the epitome of helpfulness, Mattie. Really.>

< I've got nothing, sorry XD flirt back?

nO>
I mean they seem fantastic sure but that can only end badly lol>