Awakening

The vines on the ceiling of her room were blooming with flowers. All green and revitalizing.
As Sera opened her eyes, she felt that she had slept for quite a while. 
She felt the herbs which sat on her stomach.
 Oh yes! She remembered now...

She lost in the fight. 

Sera tried to sit up her wooden bed, cleared the herbs on top of  her  wound. There was almost no trace of the cut. One special ability that flower angels had was to make  medicine. Another one was to absorb medicine and heal fast.  Yet she wondered why the wound in her heart felt deeper and much more painful. A kind of pain that wouldn't easily go away. The kind of pain that stays. Losing was one thing she had never felt.Shame was another thing that she had to face next. How could she ever fly out of her room?

Her room was beautiful, full of vines, full of flowers. Tranquility was there all over...As she looked out of the window which were covered with green vines and flowers, she felt the gentle brush of the wind. It felt very soothing. Angels were busy flying here and there.  Ahhhh, she must have slept for a week..because everyone seemed to be getting ready for the wake up ceremony. That is every first day of the week. God must have slept yesterday, They are preparing the to play the trumpet, God's, wake-up alarm.

Sera flapped her wings on her nape to fly low toward the door. 

"Glad to see that you are awake now" Her mother greeted her with a smile. Her mother, Laprecetis was the most beautiful angel in the heavens. She wore the elegant blue dress with some gem stones around the neckline and the waist. To Sera, dresses like these were a chastisement. 

She flapped slowly, kissing her mother on the left cheek. She wore the shortest top, just enough to cover her chest, she also wore the shortest skirt, just like any male angels would wear. She was different from other angels as she was more comfortable with male clothes. " Thank you mother." She threw her a gaze and looked down, still with a gentle flapping with her wings on the nape.

"You made it to the finals, You had beaten the field angels, that is a glory for our clan. Be proud. Be gratified that you have made it that far." Her mother gently tapped her shoulders.

She felt a sudden burst of emotion from her chest. An emotion of pity. Yes she pities herself now and she started to cry with gentle sobs while flapping out of the room to the hallway full of plants, flowers and vines. Her mother followed her with a pitiful stare as her gentle sobs slowly turned to agonizing howls. 

"I worked for it for three-hundred years and I just lost in a few minutes!" Her tears falling like crystals of diamonds falling like droplets of rain from heaven, down to the skies, down to the earth , down there on the North islands of ice. As she approached the door she found her black cloak and wore it. " Do not follow me, mother" she uttered as she hurriedly flapped with all her wings, away from her castle house on a huge tree. She will fly anywhere. out of sight, where no one would ever pity her.

Her cloak was a great help to cover her face. No one noticed the loser flying by. she told herself. She flew past the capital, past the temple, past the gymnasium...she wanted to fly much more farther with the hope that every flap would take her away..away...away ...

One sight had stolen her interest. Daniel.

Daniel was walking, not flying...into the forbidden woods. What would Daniel do there during the time when God was still resting? He shouldn't be there.

She slyly followed him from a few meters away. Daniel covered his face with a black cloak as he approached the dark woods still not noticing Sera from behind.

Then,  to Sera's amazement she found that Daniel was headed to an old temple in the middle of the forbidden woods with many rooms, many small doors.

She was further taken aback when she saw that there were many angels, some with wings, some without,it was clearly a variety of clans secretly getting in one small door. Sera's curiosity was overpowered by suspicion. She had to get in. What would be the reason they would secretly meet while God is in slumber? How can the all seeing-eye not see what they are doing?