Run Like Hell

Nala's POV

I looked at all the fans here tonight. Most had on Black Veil Brides tees which made me excited. I actually liked their music, so if this is the band I am meeting tonight then fuck yeah, let's get to it!

The boys pulled their hoods up and made a run for the side door. I quickly followed them flashing the guard my pass and sliding through the door.

Being backstage never gets boring with these four around. I tend to go to all of their smaller concerts and help the crew out, but they never let a dull moment surface.

Looking around I took in everyone working, the boys had managed to disappear on me.

I walked around discreetly looking for them and any sign of a dressing room. I came upon a door that said "Black Veil Brides" before finding any of the guys.

Tapping on the door gently I pulled out my phone to shoot Alex a text. Rudely - I know how dare I - I began speaking without even looking away from my phone.

"Hi, I'm looking for my brother, Alex Gask-" looking up my voice cut out. I was caught in the dark green eyes that haunted my dreams the last three years.

"Nala? Is that you?"

I slowly backed away and began to shake.

"Nala? What the fuck are you doing here?!"

I continued backing away until my back was pressed firmly against the wall. My father took a step towards me, and my brain finally clicked with my body. Run, Nala, run!

"Nala! Get your ass back here!"

The sound of his boots thudding along the concrete floors made me push myself faster. I skidded around a corner only to bump into a laughing Zach and Rian. When they saw the tears in my eyes they quickly pulled me up and asking questions. I heard everything they said but I could only process one thing at hearing his heavy boots come closer.

Run. Like. Hell.

Zach and Rian called my name as I took off, I heard Jack and Alex having a grand ole time, so I started in that direction. Soon I found my brother and Jack at the snack bar. I ran straight into Alex's arms and cried.

"Nala? What's wrong?"

I cried harder into his chest hearing my father approach us.

"Nala! Get your ass over here!"

My body trembled with the fear I had been holding the last three years. Alex gently pushed me behind him as Jack, Zach, and Rian moved to stand next to him.

"Yo man, you need to leave my sister alone." I cried harder hearing Alex defend me. I don't want him to turn his fury on them, but there was no way I could stand up to him. The man was enormous standing at 6'5". I had no idea how my mother and I ever survived him, we were both merely 5'3" and had no background in self defense.

"Sister? I'm sorry but I only had one child, and her mother never had another kid."

"Whether we're blood or not, she's my sister. You need to back away."

I listened as I heard boots coming closer. At first I though it was my father, until they stopped and a voice began speaking.

"What's going on here?"

"Boss, I just wanted to speak with my daughter." he opened his mouth.

Boss?

"Boss? Andy, you're his boss?" Even from behind, Alex's face held fury. 

"He's one of the body guards."

I sucked in a deep breath and clung myself tighter to Alex's back which made all attention immediately turn to me.

Andy walked over to me and I met his gaze.

"Hi, I'm Andy. I'm a good friend of Alex's."

"I'm Nala."

"Nala? Like from the Lion King?"

I smiled and nodded.

"My mom had always loved that movie. Any time my..." I stopped explaining and glanced at my father whose eyes held nothing but hate. Andy seemed to notice.

"Nala, would you mind talking to me alone? We can go to the dressing room with the band if you want? I'll put them out so we can talk alone?"

I looked to Alex and he kissed my forehead to tell me I'd be okay. I took the two steps to stand in front of Andy then he took my hand and led me away. Of course he raised his eyebrow when I took the farthest steps away from that man.

We headed off to the dressing room with my father and Alex left glaring at each other.