Chapter 84

Girl's POV

The day of Thanksgiving finds all of the girls in the kitchen Leigh Anne and Kayla included preparing the dinner for that night Stacey and Vanessa were cooking the turkey, Kayla and Mallory were baking the rolls, pies and cakes for tonight while Leigh Anne was doing all of the vegetables. All of the work for the fall was done so the guys were all in the living room taking it easy and keeping an eye on James and Aurora to make sure that they would stay out of the kitchen which doesn't go so well because Howie and Nick bring the two of them in constantly and give them the cookies that we were baked and decorated to look like turkeys. Cooking and preparing takes most of the day but we have a break in the afternoon and all sit down around the kitchen table knowing that all of our hard work would pay off tonight at dinner.

 Cooking and preparing takes most of the day but we have a break in the afternoon and all sit down around the kitchen table knowing that all of our hard work would pay off tonight at dinner

Guy's POV

That afternoon we all go out in the yard for a game of football while the girls gather on the porch with Aurora and James to watch us all play. The game starts and as it progresses Brian throws a pass to Nick and the girls cheer when he breaks Kevin's tackle Mal louder than anyone and Aurora claps and yells "Daddy!!" the game continues and James joins in by cheering with delight. Once the game is over and Nick's team ends up winning he jumps on the railing of the porch and kisses Mallory she kisses back, Howie walks up on the porch and puts his hand over Stacey's eight month bump we all stay outside for a while and help Aurora and James play in the leaves. A little later we all go inside to get ready to have dinner together.

Group POV

We all sit down for dinner and the whole table is covered with food the turkey is at one end of the table, bowls of corn, Mashed Potatoes, green beans, carrots, Macaroni and cheese, gravy sweet potatoes and two baskets of rolls line the table. A smaller table was placed on the other side of the room that was line with desserts a pumpkin pie, apple pie, Kayla's chocolate cake, brownies and an Oreo cake make up the desserts. Brian prays before we eat then we all go around and say what we are thankful for then we begin eating during dinner we all laugh and share jokes with each other then James and Aurora get very creative with their spoons and end up throwing their peas and hit half of the people sit around the table. With Aurora and James plus Stacey's little girl who would be here next year and the addition of Aaron here our family had grown which was something to be thankful for.

Group POV

After Thanksgiving the week goes fast and December comes which meant Christmas and the arrival of Howie and Stacey's baby at the end of the month with the two events everyone was really excited. The three houses were a bustle of activity Kevin and Vanessa were decorating their house, Nick Mal and Aurora were putting up their Christmas tree Aurora hangs a few of their ornaments, Howie and Stacey were putting up their tree as well and James's idea of helping them was pulling ornaments off of the tree even Aaron and Kayla put up a tree in the bunkhouse. Once all of the trees are up the guys go to the sheds and bring out the decorations to go outside then they go through the boxes of lights untangle them then begin hanging up all of the lights that would go on the houses.

Stacey's POV

It takes a few days for all of the decorating to get finished but the job is finally done the driveway is lined with candy canes that light up there are decorations in the yard and lights on the houses and in the trees and bushes. The guys were outside working and all of us girls were inside wrapping the gifts for everyone the weather had turned cold and there was a large pot of soup going in the kitchen Vanessa goes to check on it then a few seconds later Mallory runs in their bathroom and starts throwing up I hope she wasn't getting sick. I feel a few sharp pains in my stomach then take a deep breath and put my hand over my stomach she was kicking a lot today and they were really strong kicks guess that meant she was going to be a really strong healthy baby girl.