Chapter 65

Aaron's POV

I'm standing in the bunkhouse talking to Kayla while Aurora and the other baby take naps I really liked talking to Kayla plus she was beautiful and I really wanted to see her again. I knew that her and Howie did have a baby together so I wondered if Howie would be okay with it I wouldn't try to be a dad because I knew it was his son but I really liked Kayla even though I had only known her for a few hours. I would have to handle this very carefully I was still new to the ranch and with the event of today everyone was tense and were all mad at each other so I didn't want to cause any more trouble today I would wait and let things calm down before I made move. I pick up Kayla's phone then put my number in and look at her "In case you would like to talk again sometime." She smiles and blushes I look outside and see Nick coming from the barn I walk out of the bunkhouse to let him know that Aurora is inside but I won't tell him about Kayla because of the chance he might have a problem with it.

Mallory's POV

I follow Nick to the house and everything is really quiet we go in the living room and see Ness and Kevin playing with Aurora. They both look up at me and I walk over to Kevin and look up at him "I'm so sorry for scratching you I took it to far today. "He looks at me "It's okay Mal." Ness walks over to us and she looks at me. "Lucky for you it won't leave a scar." Her comment makes everyone laugh Ness and Kevin leave to go to their house Nick walks over to me with Aurora in his arms "I'll take her to the nursery I think you should go talk to Stacey." I nod then he kisses my head and goes to the nursery I take a deep breath and walk upstairs to Stacey's room I just hope she wasn't to mad at me for what I did. I walk in the room and sit on the bed by Stacey "I'm sorry Stac are you okay?" She looks at me "I don't know what I feel what do I do?" I sigh I didn't know what to tell her she would have to decide that herself. "I don't know but I did beat him up for you if that helps." She smiles and laughs and I was glad I could make her feel a little better.

AJ'S POV

I walk around it was quiet and most of the trucks were gone I walk in the house and see Vanessa with her back toward me she was home alone. I walk over and stand behind her then wrap my arms around her waist and press my body up against hers then I lean forward and sing a song in her I gather her hair in my hands then move it off of her neck. "I miss you so much baby and the way your body feels I want to touch you again." I start kissing down her neck she moans then leans back against me I run my hands under her shirt and I hear her voice "AJ please." The door slams shut and we both look up to see Kevin standing there. "What's going on?" I step away from Vanessa and Kevin walks over to me and gets in my face "Don't touch my fiancé!!!!" He grabs me by the shirt and drags me outside into the yard then he punches me it knocks me back but I stay on my feet I step forward then punch him on the side of the face that has scratches. Then the fight continues.

Kevin's POV

I punch AJ hard enough it knocks him on the ground I get on top of him then he knocks me off and starts fighting back. I hear Vanessa yelling then she tries to pull me off and get me to stop but I just push her away and continue my fight I hear the door open and close I hear Nick and Aaron's voices when they come outside the first one I hear is Aaron. "Another fight? What is it about this place?" Then I hear Nick "Not now Aaron come on." I feel arms pulling at me then together Aaron and Nick manage to pull me off AJ who tries to get at me but Aaron steps between us and Nick keeps me in his grip. AJ starts laughing "What's wrong cowboy can't keep your woman satisfied it was my name she was moaning." He looks over at Vanessa then winks this makes me angrier I try to get loose but Aaron and Nick lock me in a tight group to keep me from charging at him. Vanessa looks at him "Leave and Never come back." He gives her a smile "See you later baby." Then he gets on his motorcycle and leaves

Vanessa's POV

After AJ leaves I look at Nick and Aaron "Take Kevin into the house please." They both nod and take him into the kitchen then they go back outside. I get the first aid kit and begin to clean his face he had a black eye, a busted lip plus a few other cuts and bruises I was afraid to say anything because I can still see the anger on his face and his hands are clenched in tight fists on his lap. There was a silence in the kitchen between us and it was worse than any kind of awkward silence I look at him and my voice is quiet when I speak. "I'm sorry about what happened I know that it looks bad I should have resisted and said no but I just couldn't." Kevin doesn't say anything he doesn't even look at me. Kevin sits in silence until I finish patching up his face when I put the first aid kit away I turn to look at Kev as he gets up out of the house and slams the door behind him. I flinch at the noise and take in the silence of the house.

Aaron's POV

I had just finished taking care of all the horses and now I was giving them treats of carrots I hear someone walking in the barn I look up and see Kayla walking in. She walks over to me and smiles "I've been looking for you I thought I would come watch or help if that was okay?" I smile and nod then she walks over to me when she's standing next to me I look at her then back at the horse in the stall in front of us. "This is Prince he's friendly you have nothing to worry about the ones to worry about are Taz and Diablo those are the black horses over there." She looks at them across the barn then she looks back at Prince I pass her a carrot then hold her hand out so he can take the carrot from her. Prince nibbles then he takes the carrot I look down at her hand in mine then she steps closer to me and looks up at me "I better get back inside before James wakes up from his nap." I nod then she squeezes my hand before she walks out of the barn I check the horses again then I leave the barn thinking about Kayla.

" I nod then she squeezes my hand before she walks out of the barn I check the horses again then I leave the barn thinking about Kayla