Chapter 49

Howie's POV

Fall was on the way we had a lot to do before Winter we were getting the truck and trailer ready to go take some of our hay to be sold the girls come walking back from the orchard carrying baskets of apples. Nick looks up then jumps off the trailer and walks over to Mallory and looks at her "You're pregnant you should be taking it easy and not working plus you're not supposed to be lifting heavy things." She rolls her eyes "I'm only a few months pregnant Nick I can still help out." "Please for me." Nick turns and starts walking back to the trailer Mallory bends down and picks up one of the apples then she throws it and hits Nick in the back of the head he stops then turns around and looks at her and she walks over to him. "Listen up Nick Carter yes I'm pregnant with your baby if I get to the point where I need a break I'll take one it's just a basket of apples I can handle that got it?" He nods then she picks up the basket and starts walking to the house and Nick starts helping us again Mallory was back in full force and Nick was in for a long nine months.

Vanessa's POV

September turns into October and Fall finally arrives and we all decide to turn the ranch into a haunted farm with hay rides and a pumpkin patch. I'm dressed in all black as a paranormal investigator and I'm sitting in front of Kevin putting on his vampire makeup, the tractor and wagon filled with hay along with the haunted orchard are all ready to go. "I can't believe I have to wear this Nick gets to be a zombie and Howie isn't dressing up at all." I sigh he wouldn't stop complaining and he was starting to take the fun out of all of this but I think of something that might change his outlook on this I look at him "If you stop complaining and actually try to have a good time tonight we can go have a little fun in the hayloft before we get started." He looks at me "Really you mean it?" I nod "Yes I mean it." He lets me finish putting on the makeup then we go out in the barn and climb up in the hayloft I knew this would work and I go to have a little fun with Kevin before all of the crowds showed up tonight.

Mallory's POV

I feel a burst of energy through my body and I don't know if it's from the baby or the fact that it's Halloween I fasten the black sheet and the shirt that would hide my head while Diablo and I get to do our own version of the headless horseman. I look up and smile when Nick walks over in his regular clothes but he's covered in zombie makeup he looks at me "I'm worried I don't think you should be riding Diablo while you're pregnant I think I should do the riding." I look at him and laugh "Nick you know Diablo won't let you go near him much less ride him I'll be careful I can do this I promise." He nods and turns to walk away I feel a small force and a pressure I put my hand on my stomach and feel it again our baby was kicking I let out a gasp and Nick looks at me. "Is everything okay?" I nod "Come here." He walks over and I take his hand then put it on the spot where I'm feeling the kicking a few seconds later he looks up at me "Is that the baby?" I nod "The baby is kicking." He smiles then wraps his arms around my waist I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him he kisses back then his hand goes back to my stomach to where we were feeling kicking. "You have zombie makeup on your face. I start trying to get it off before we had to go start tonight Nick looks away from my stomach and he looks at me "No you're not riding not now I can't let you ride that's a real person you're carrying." I sigh so much for that I pull off the sheet then hand it to Nick now what I was supposed to do?

Group POV

The ranch had taken an eerie quality thanks to the sounds and lights we had all set up and we have a huge crowd tonight and everyone is having fun with the hay rides. The haunted orchard is also a hit and we can hear the screams every time someone runs into a zombiefied Nick and Mallory for the families with small children they go out and pick pumpkins from our pumpkin patch to carve and decorate they even get to go out the barn to pet the horses who love all the extra attention they get especially Diablo who gets spoiled throughout the night with extra treats because he behaved himself.

Stacey's POV

The Halloween festivities have ended and everything is quiet around the ranch the horses have even settled down after earlier and we are all sitting around a bonfire that we built in between the barn and the house enjoying our first chance to relax since we started our haunted farm. We all agree that this had been a lot of fun and we were all taking turns coming up with ideas for next year on ways we could make it better and kind of change things up a bit, the remaining leaves in the trees move when there's a cool night breeze that causes Mallory to shiver and curl up closer to Nick. Nick stands up then helps her up he looks at us "Time for mom and baby to go get out of the night air good night guys." The two of them go inside and a little later Kevin and Ness follow to remove his vampire makeup leaving Howie and I alone by the fire the moon and the stars give it a really romantic setting Howie pulls me in his lap and kisses me I kiss back and wrap my arms around his neck then he runs his hands under my shirt and there was something that hot about being out in the open like this.