Chapter 51

Nick's POV

Tonight was Christmas Eve and everyone is inside listening to music and placing presents under the tree I adjust the fake white beard on my face then look down at my Santa costume that I'm wearing. I wanted to give Mallory her present early tonight was the night I was going to propose I was ready for this I take a deep breath then walk in the house and go to the living room where everyone was sitting. They all look at me and laugh Kevin walks over and lightly punches my shoulder "We weren't expecting you until in the morning Nicky Claus you're early." I laugh "Funny guy." I look up and see Mallory standing by the tree this was it I pull down the beard then I walk over and get down on one knee in front of her "I love you and I can't wait to start our family. I look forward to spending ever every day of our lives together I've never wanted anything as much as I want you I even look forward to life with Diablo will you marry me?" She nods "Yes." I put the ring on her hand and kiss her she kisses back my hand goes to her stomach and I feel a kick my little girl already knew that daddy was here.

" I put the ring on her hand and kiss her she kisses back my hand goes to her stomach and I feel a kick my little girl already knew that daddy was here

Kevin's POV

It was Christmas morning and there was another fresh layer of snow on the ground giving us over a foot of snow now we were all gathered in the living room to open presents there was Christmas music playing and Nick was once again in his Santa suit. Brian and Leighanne had joined us I wasn't sure who done it but there was even new mistletoe hanging in the doorway I find the smallest box under the tree then hand it to Vanessa she looks down at it then shakes it before she opens it, she opens it then she picks it up and looks at me. "What's the key for?" I look at her and meet her eyes "It's the key to our future including our home. I know how much you love this ranch and I want to build our home on this ranch." I look up at Stacey and Mallory who even though she is pregnant still has a sharp and piercing gaze "May I have your blessing to build the house here?" Stacey smiles and Mallory nods "We'd love for you to build your house here Kevin." I smile hen walk over and hug both of them in the spring I'd start building the house. I had a home and I had a family.

Howie's POV

Stacey and I get our gifts from under the tree I'm nervous about her seeing the gift I had gotten her it was a necklace that belonged to my grandmother I just hoped that she would like the gift. I hand her the small box wrapped in red and she hands me a box the same size that is wrapped in blue I wait on Stacey to open her gift first she opens it then holds the necklace in her hand then she looks up at me "Howie it's beautiful I love it." I smile "It belonged to my grandmother she gave it to me before she passed she gave me instructions to give it to my soulmate just like my grandfather." She tries to refuse the gift but I take it and put it around her neck then hook the chain together I look down the open my gift and pull out a golden pocket watch. She looks at me "It was my grandfather's I want you to have it." "I can't take this you should save it for your children." She closes her hand around mine "Please I want you to have it." "I'm honored Stac thank you." Our gifts didn't cost a fortune but the both meant a lot.

Group POV

We all gather around the table that is filled with food and there is a large turkey in the center we all hold hands while Brian says the prayer then we all eat until we can't hold anymore. After diner we spread out in different parts of the living room on the couch or in chairs and tell stories of different Christmases we have had in the past the girls tell a story of a Christmas from when they were younger where Mallory had swapped out their gifts for boxes of dead crickets which leads to Nick double checking his gifts and we all tell jokes with each other and talk for a little longer then sing Christmas Carols and just enjoy our first Christmas together with new friends and new loved ones.

Group Pov

Not long after Christmas we celebrate New Year's Eve we stay up late snacking on different party trays and watch the ball drop then each couple shares a New Year's kiss Howie and Stacey's is a sweet one, Kevin and Vanessa's is a loving one, and Nick and Mallory's is a passionate one with his hand placed over her stomach we all do a little drinking except for Mallory and Kevin who sit it out. As the night continues we spend time laughing, dancing and bringing in the New Year together the next morning the house is quiet and the hours pass as everyone sleeps in that day.