Chapter 41

Guy's POV

We had taken care of as much we possibly could before we had to leave the ranch right now we were in our different rooms packing our things. The house was quiet no one is saying anything even Ginger had picked up on the mood and was laying in her bed looking up at everyone with her big brown puppy dog eyes the reason the house is silent is because none of us really know what we should say to each other and that only made things a lot harder. Each girl is standing in the doorway of their room watching each of us pack and get ready to leave we knew it was hard for them but for now they were here even if they were upset, hurt and angry we were getting to spend these few minutes together and that was the important thing.

 Each girl is standing in the doorway of their room watching each of us pack and get ready to leave we knew it was hard for them but for now they were here even if they were upset, hurt and angry we were getting to spend these few minutes together...

Girl's POV

That night after the guys have been gone for a few hours we all stay up as long as possible Mallory stays in the barn with Diablo until she just has to come in and when she does we all sit in the living room watching movies together. Finally, we all go to our rooms get ready then go to bed we all lay on our sides facing the empty spot where normally Howie, Kevin, or Nick would be but tonight there were only three cold spots. We were all feeling lonely and sad that the guys were gone we stay up even longer because of the tears but we eventually give in and drift off to sleep.

Stacey's POV

I'm in the kitchen cooking breakfast I hear footsteps coming down the stairs then I hear the bathroom door open and someone stops throwing up. I turn off the stove then walk in the bathroom and see Mallory sitting in the floor then she throws up again she must have a stomach virus or something "Mal you okay?" She shakes her head then lays it against the bath tub I see the beads of sweat trickling down her forehead but she's shaking I have her take her temperature to see if she's running a fever but it's normal. I send her back to bed so she can lay down for a while hopefully she would be better in a few days but if she wasn't Vanessa and I would have to do all of the work and two people couldn't run the ranch and do all of the work at the same time.

Mallory's POV

Once I'm able to get out of bed in the morning without throwing up I go back to work I leave house early in the morning and come back late at night I would take Diablo out every day with the sale getting closer we would need to round all of the cows including any strays that we might be missing. I ride out even farther every day that night when I walk in the house I see Stacey and Vanessa washing and putting the dishes away Stac looks at me "You need try coming in earlier there's been a mountain lion spotted a few miles away." I roll my eyes "I stay out all day looking for the damn cows you said we just had to have what do you do? You're in your little garden I have no clue on what Ness does so if you want me to come in earlier why don't you come help me!!!" I walk in my room and hear the phone for the first time in weeks Nick is calling but I'm too tired to answer.

Vanessa's POV

I was out in the barn cleaning out the stalls and the equipment for the horses I made sure that for now we had plenty of supplies I yawn then rub my eyes. I was more than tired I was exhausted we were getting up early every morning and going to bed late at night running this ranch was more than the three of us could handle even if Mal and Stacey weren't willing to admit it I finish cleaning the last stall then I walk over and sit down on a few bales of hay then lay my head against the wall. I take a deep breath and sigh I wish Kevin was here I really missed him I yawn again and feel my eyelids getting heavier then I fall asleep.

Stacey's POV

It had been a really long day I mowed the yard, gathered more from the garden, and now I was sweeping off the porch but I still have a lot more work to do before the day ends. I still had to feed the chickens, gather eggs, feed the goats there was so much that we needed to do that we never got finished, the foals will need to start training and get used to wearing riding gear soon for when it was time for them to be sold I wipe the sweat off my head then sit down on the porch and start thinking. The three of us couldn't do this alone we needed help maybe we could hire someone until the guys came I wasn't sure if Ness or Mal would agree with me because hiring the guys is what got us into this in the first place tonight we would need to talk about this because we really needed the extra help.