Epilogue

NATASHA

As I woke up in the morning, I felt the other side of the bed empty.

“Vihaan...” I called for him, but he was nowhere around.

“Bhabhi, remember that your husband is busy practicing at this hour for the match which starts in like five or six hours?”, Niveda  said to me as she came into my room with five year old Nick tagging behind her.

“Oh God! How could I forget that?” I said sitting up on my bed.

“So what are your plans? Are you going to watch him live in action?”

“Am I? I guess not. I don’t think she is going to let me do that. ”

“Why do you want her permission to go and watch your husband play?”

“Because, she would create a scene making it difficult for both him and me.”

“Oh come on Natasha, she is no big deal. Nothing I can't handle.”

“I don’t think you would want to do that again.” I said reminding her on what happened the previous time.

“Okay then, if you want to stay with her and no watch your husband play, then I am fine with it.”, she said and soon exited the room.

I think I should tell you guess who ‘she’ is.

We should start from what happened after the proposal.

Vihaan and I got married one month after he proposed me. We were planning on waiting for three months, but Mr. Kapoor’s health was deteriorating and he made it clear he wanted to witness his son’s marriage.

On Mr. Sharma’s insistence, Vihaan and I gave an interview after our marriage instead.

Ria was the one who interviewed us. She asked me all about how we met and all other things, everything which she knew of.

We both answered the same for all questions and also completed each other’s sentences except for one question.

”Rishabh, is your best friend, am I right?”, Ria asked.

“Yes.”, Vihaan replied.

“And his wife, Anya, is your sister?”, she asked me and I nodded.

“I’ve heard that Vihaan danced on the song ‘Dilliwali girlfriend’ at Rishabh’s wedding. Is that true?”

“Yes.”, Vihaan said.

I did not like the direction in which her questions were heading.

“So tell me the truth, did you break up with your ex-girlfriend, who was actually from Delhi, for Natasha?”

“Yes”

 “No”

 Vihaan and I spoke at the same time.

“Since your answers to this question differ, tell me about it Vihaan.” she said to him completely ignoring me and my answer. I would get a chance to kill her sometime soon.

“I first met Natasha when she was eighteen. She was the typical fan-girl back then. Last time I sat opposite to her on this couch, she asked me my most memorable encounter with a fan, I told her about the fan-girl who was none other than her.”

“Vihaan, you are not answering my actual question.”

“Ok, I’m coming to it. About my break-up with Alisha, as I said back then it was a mutual decision. We broke up because we understood we were not meant for each other. I had the reason I fell for Natasha here, and she fell for someone else.”