5

Dedicated to ULTIMATENERD

VIHAAN

I was back in the dressing room. I could see Rishabh going around but I was lost. The girl I just met is constantly invading my thoughts. She is really cute. I cant believe I'm doing this. I'm never interested in girls. I haven't even thought of dating one, better not ask about marriage. I've always kept my distance from them. Rishabh keep on telling me about the women fantasying on me, but I still don't know what they see in me. I mean I know I'm handsome. But that is not the only thing right? A person should be judged by his character and not by mere good looks. Well that is what I think and I guess nobody cares about my opinion.

 I don't know what all were I thinking. It all had started with that fan girl and now I was thinking about bigger things and now I think I'm being shouted at. I look up to see Rishabh with his hands on his hips.

 "Man where are you lost?"

 "Me?" I ask unaware of what is happening.

 "Yes you bro. I've been calling you for the last 5 minutes and you seem to be lost"

 "Sorry I was thinking something."

 "I can see that, but couldn't catch what since you had mixed expressions this time. What was it???"

 Well thats him, he could say what is on my mind by just looking at my expressions and this time I guess he is just confused. But cant blame him since I'm confused too.

 "Nothing bro I was thinking of some random things"

 "Sure? You can talk to me about any damn thing. I'll listen and if possible find solutions too"

 He had a smile on his face so I returned it with a reassuring smile to match it. I know I fail in that. I change the topic in order to avoid further questions.

 "So why did you call me?"

 "oh god how could I forget, we need to get to the presentation party. You are the Man of the Match"

 "Am I?"

 "I bet you are"

 "No bets with you" I say as I head to the presentation ceremony while he follows me. We both are the youngest members in the national squad as of now but that doesn't mean we are pampered nor does that mean we are ignored. We work hard for this position and need to work harder to maintain this since the competition is high.

Finally I received the Man of the Match trophy and they said there was no confusion in deciding. Well I'm flattered. Not with that dialogue but with the fan support I receive.

As I go back to the dressing room once again, I look at the place where that girl was sitting , but she was not there. Am I kidding, why the hell should she be there?

I return to my room to see my cell phone flashing. DAD was being displayed on it. I thought of rejecting it at first , then I gathered my strength to pick up the call. I know the man would get my nerves still I had to do this. I cant keep running away.

"So century at your homeground? Good"

Well thats how my dad works. No greetings, just to the point.

"You must have seen"

"No I didn't. I have better things to do"

"Then why don't you go do that, why waste my time?" I muttered under my breath.

"Did you say something"

Even though we both know what I said he was asking me this. I preferred not to answer that question. After a minute he came up with another question.

"Since you are here why don't you come home ?"

Now that was too much.

"There is no HOME. Its just a house where you live with your wife. Get that clear. And I'm not coming"

I cut the call and threw the phone towards the bed. No I don't have the destructive nature.

Rishabh was standing across from me now.

"You alright? I heard you yelling"

"Yeah, It was just a call from that man"

"Calm down Vihaan. Everything will be fine"

This is why he remains my best friend. Even though he knows everything he wont say anything about that. He knows that hurts me much.

NATASHA

I cant believe he hugged me. I was on my bed thinking about the day's happenings. I thought he would look at me while going to the presentation , but he didn't. Then Rohan and Karan had to go somewhere so we left as soon as his speech was over. . Well they had to drag me out. I wanted to wait till he went up again, may be he would have looked at me. Would he have? No way Nats what are you thinking. Why should he be thinking of you? He would have better things to do. But Mr. Vihaan Kapoor a day will come when the only one about whom you will be thinking is ME.

FOUR YEARS LATER

"Nats get ready we need to leave soon. You know Mr. Sharma right? He doesn't like late comers."

"I know Ria. I'm coming" I say as I put on my shoes.

Well I'll explain. I and Ria did journalism course in the last 4 years and we specialised in Sports. Mr. Sharma is the one we got as our boss and we were to work as assistants for him for the next few months, ie until they find us smart enough to take up assignments on our own. I don't know how, but somehow I and Ria ended up together. Karan was also in college with us and he is in the politics department of our channel. Rohan did engineering and is now placed in one of the high profile IT companies.

Ria and Karan are still going strong.

Rohan asked me out for the one final time and again I rejected. But its not my fault for all he knew I'm in love with Vihaan. Rohan is now dating Sarah. And I think they make a cute pair.

And as for now, Ria and I are accompanying Mr. Sharma for the interview of the current Vice captain of the Indian Cricket team . Yes you guessed it right. Its none other than my own Vihaan Kapoor.

A/N:

Hey all

How was it???

I guess you Like it

Please please please VOTE and COMMENT

Need at least 20 votes ...!!! :(

Love you all...!!!!

Rishabh Singhania pic on the side