27

Dedicated to aarthi1897

NATASHA

I woke up with a thud! I looked around and realised that I was on the floor. How did I end up sleeping on the sofa? The last night’s events came flooding to my mind. Vihaan had a wonderful match and bagged the man of the series award. I was so proud of him, still was missing him. OMG! I slept while I was talking to him over the phone. That had happened the previous time also.

‘Twice in a month’s time, what will he think of me?’ I thought to myself.

Days became weeks, but were determined not to become months. Vihaan had a one and a half month long tour, as they were to play two tests after the tri-series, which India won comfortably. 

While I was absorbed in my thoughts I heard Anya speak.

“Nats, if you are awake attend the call.” That was when I noticed that it was ringing.

‘Not Vihaan’ I prayed before looking at the caller ID.

I breathed in relief when I saw Samar flashing on the screen.

“Hey Sam”

“Hi sister, how are you?”

“I am absolutely fine, tell me where you were?”

“Well, I had to leave urgently to Australia for some official work, now I am back, home.”

“Australia? Did you meet...” before I could finish my question he answered.

“Yeah I did meet Niveda.”

“I was about to ask you whether you met Mr. Tony Abott?” I said with a smile.

“Oh him? He came in to receive me from the airport and dropped me at Niveda and Liam’s house personally.” He played along.

“ Yeah, I remember seeing the Australian Prime Minister with you in the news.” I finished.

I heard him laugh and it took him a few minutes to stop.

“Okay, jokes apart, did you really meet them?”

“Yup, I did. You know after telling you all everything, I am over her now.”

“Well, that is great news. So do I get a sister in law anytime soon?”

“Yeah, I’ll tell Vihaan to marry you soon and you will surely get one.”

“I asked for a wife for my brother, not a husband and his sister.”

“So you don’t want to get married to Vihaan?” He asked in mock horror.

“Nope, I want to get married to him. Speaking of Vihaan, did you tell him that you went to meet Nivi? I don’t remember him saying anything about that.”

“Do you really think he would call me in between the tour? Never. He used to call Nivi, but his calls are diverted to you these days, I think.”

“He did call me. I think about ten or twelve times. He doesn’t get enough time and when he has that, the network problems arises. We tried skyping a few times too.”

“I tried to call him a few times but was unreachable.”

“I’ll tell him when he calls. I’m expecting a call tonight.”

“Speaking of the night let me tell you why I called.”

“Why?”

“Have some patience sis, what are you and Anya doing tonight?”

Celeb Love... In love with a Cricketer! ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara