26

Dedicated to xxxdamonkatxxx

VIHAAN

I saw Rahul looking at his counterpart; his face covered in pure shock on seeing us both here. Poor guys, they had devised plans to break our S-R formula and they get us instead.

The match began, the runs increased rapidly while the account of the wickets was yet to be opened.

I saw the huge scorecard. It had a star marked on top of the forty-nine next Rahul’s name while I had forty-five with a star next to my name.

“Go for a bit hit.” I said to him when he came next to me while the other captain was deciding on whom to bring in next to bowl.

“I am taking a single and giving the strike to you. You can hit a six maybe.”

“Yeah right.” I said as I went back to my position and made sure that the tip of my bat was on the ground.

I saw Rahul look at the sky before the bowler came running in.

He hit the ball to the off-side; the ball went quite a distance, enough to get a single. I congratulated him and went to the striker’s end.

I saw the bowl come to me and I hit hard hoping that it doesn’t end up in the hands of the fielder next to the boundary. I was sure that it would go really close to it if not cross it. Well who does that to a batsman on the verge of a half-century so early in the innings? It was a loose ball and anyone could have scored the maximum off it as I did. The ball ended up on the stands taking my score to fifty-one.

The next ball came, I hit it hard enough to score a run, and within seconds, Rahul was on the striker’s end.

He walked half the distance and I covered the other half as he congratulated me. He had not got a chance to do so before the previous ball.

“Congrats bro, Coach’s experiment seems to be working”

“Yeah right, can we take it to the fiftieth over?”

“Maybe.” He said with a wink.

“Lets try.”

 The rest of the innings went well with us finishing at a total team score of 383 for no loss. It was a dream come true for me. He finished at 169 while I scored 191.

“That was a dream run right?” Rahul asked as we went back to the pavilion amidst applauses.

“Absolutely.”

“Well done boys. I never expected this from you two. They had plans to break our S-R formula and we now have a brand new V-R formula.” Coach said to us.

“Next match they will have a plan for us too coach.” Rahul said.

“Then we can replace one of you. We can experiment in every match.”

“And it is okay to experiment if we win.” Rahul said and we all agreed.

I got time to relax and so did Rahul. The second innings began and Rishabh would manage the team until one of us went down.

NATASHA

Anya was in my office, we had planned to watch the match together.

“Hey Natasha.”

“Hi sir, this is my sister Anya.”

“I have seen her somewhere.”

“Yeah sir, at Ria’s wedding.”

“Yeah right. Nice to meet you anyways”

“Same here sir” she said with a smile

I was wondering what his reaction would be when he comes to know that she is Rishabh’s fiancée.