31

Dedicated to Book_rapper

NATASHA

“Are you serious about what you said earlier?”, Vihaan asked me as soon as he came in with the others.

“What are you talking about Vihaan?”

“I am talking about me not getting the kiss.”

“Oh that, I told you, you can try. I really don’t think you’ll succeed.”

“Then I give up.”, he said and went past me to join the others.

I really do not know what made me behave like that; still I was enjoying all this.

The series of Bollywood songs began.

I tried my best to avoid Vihaan and danced with the groom Rishabh and my brother Sam on the song ‘Radha’ from Student of the year

I kept on glancing at Vihaan occasionally and after some time he disappeared.

“Where is Vihaan?”, I asked Ria after she came up to me after my performance.

“I don’t know. It seems like he just disappeared.”

“Hey girls, what’s going on?”

“Nothing Nivi, I was just asking her if she knew where Vihaan was.”

“Oh, I didn’t see him around. Where will he be?”

“I don’t know.”, I said and she laughed when she realized that she asked the same question back to me.

“I want to dance too.”, Nivi said.

“But you shouldn’t.”

“I know.”

“Hey are you regretting being a mother?”

“No dear, not at all. Having kids changes the meaning of everything...it makes the clouds readable, and the sky touchable and words I could never say, speakable.

“That was absolutely sweet Nivi.”, I commented an Ria smiled.

“Come on, let’s get back to the Sangeet. Anya might be looking for us.”, Nivi said and we moved back inside.

The next performance was set to begin any moment and I knew nothing about what was scheduled next.

The lights dimmed and the song ‘Dilliwaali girlfriend’ from Yeh jawaani hein diwaani  started paying. The next thing I knew is that the spotlight fell on Vihaan.

What was he thinking when he picked up that song for performance, I asked myself.

Vihaan came to me and continued his dance. It was clear that he was referring to me in the song.

I escaped from there when Vihaan was not looking.

“Natasha?”, I heard my name being called while I was in the garden.

“Hello sir, thanks for coming.”, I said to Mr. Sharma.

“You are welcome kid. I am so glad that I came. I got to know something.”

“What?”, I asked hoping he wasn’t saying about what I was thinking.

“Oh come on Natasha, don’t act as if you don’t know anything. I’m talking about Vihaan.”

“Was it that obvious?”

“It wasn’t obvious, but Vihaan made it clear in his performance.”