Chapter 5 Get up, Get Your Ninja On

Start from the beginning

"It's upside down! They're digging in the wrong spot!" Jay said. "The golden weapon is near." Zane said while pulling out a shuriken tied to a rope.

He flung the shuriken into the map and pulled it back to us. "There's no time to waste." Kai said. With that he flipped off the tower. "What is with that guy? Always in a rush!"

We rushed after Kai, finding him trying to remove a large stone. "Before you run off again, you need to remember we're a team." Cole said.

"Yeah, whatever..." Kai responded, blankly. We helped him move the gigantic boulder away from the entrance. We walked inside the large cave to find the Scythe of Quakes!

"Whoa, that is so cool!" Jay shouted. We heard the echoes for a while. Cole looked at Jay angrily "Shhh! We can't let them know we're here."

"Don't be paranoid." Jay responded. "We're totally on the opposite side of the caves." "Zip it, okay? We have the Scythe, now let's sneak out while those boneheads are still busy." Cole said.

He took the Scythe and we started walking out of the cave. "Well, that was easy." I said. Then I heard a shifting sound, but I thought it was in my head.

We turned the corner. I gasped. Ahh!" Cole said, quite shocked. "It's you!" I said to the skeleton with four arms. "Samukai's the name, getting rid of pesky ninja's my game." He drew out his signature daggers.

"ATTACK!" he yelled to his bony minions. I ran past the skeletons while we all spread out. I slapped them with my glaive.

I saw Kai out of the corner of my eye. He was trapped by a bone-filled barricade of soldiers.

"Kai! Throw it here!" Zane shouted. Kai flung the Scythe to Zane. "Going long!" Cole shouted as he grabbed the Scythe out of the air. "I got this." Jay said. "Whatcha! Caching! Butcha skull! Hey, guys!" he shouted.

We looked at him. "What, Jay!? I'm kind of busy right now!" I yelled back while fighting the skeletons.

"It's just like the training course. Watch this. Over the planks, dodge the swords, here come the dummy!" Jay slapped a skeleton in the face with his nunchucks before spinning into an electric-blue tornado.

"Whoa, Spinjitsu!" Kai said. "Jay, what's the key?" he shouted. "I'm just going through the motions! This is what Sensei must have meant when he said we already know it!"

"Hmmmmm..." I said. Kai and I looked at each other. "Let's do this!!" Kai yelled. "Over the planks, dodge the swords, here comes the dummy!" we said together.

Immediately, we spun into our elemental tornadoes. Kai's tornado was fiery orange with small fires encircling it. Mine was aqua blue with purple-ish hazes.

We spun clean through several skeleton legions while whooping and laughing. Personally, I was trying to target that four-armed skeleton.

Zane was next to join in the excitement. Cole then spun directly into the action. We then came out of our tornadoes.

"I sense you don't stand a chance." Zane said to the four-armed skeleton. "Retreat!!!" He yelled to his bony brigade. All of the skeletons rushed out of the cave.

"Yeah, that's right, run away! Run you bone- filled buffoons!" I yelled. "Ha! I guess they didn't want another serving of these bad babies." Cole said making muscle poses.

"They're glad they didn't check out the merchandise in the back!" Cole said again. We all shook are heads. "Uh, guys?" Cole said again, this time, sounding a bit worried.

"Didn't Sensei say that there was a guardian protecting the weapon?" Zane asked curiously. "Uh, GUYS?" Cole asked, louder this time.

We all turned around to see a massive Earth Dragon. "Is that a dragon?" Cole said while shaking violently. "That sure looks like a dragon." Kai said with wide eyes.

"Guys MOVE!!!!" I yelled. We all jumped out of the way out the way as the Earth Dragon let out a breath of dust and rock.

"I thought dragons weren't from this world!" Cole shouted. "Well, obviously, you thought wrong!" I yelled back. We all backed up before hitting the wall of the cave.

Kai unsheathed the Scythe of Quakes. "No Kai, bad idea!" Jay said. "Sensei told us not to!" "Then you'd better keep your mouth shut." Kai responded angrily.

"No Kai! Don't do it!" I shouted. "Kai, DON'T!!!" Cole yelled at the top of his lungs. But it was too late. He brought down the Scythe will all of his strength.

It cut through the earth in a single slice. Rocks fell everywhere, including on the Earth Dragon. "Let's get out of here!!" I yelled. "We'll use Spinjitsu!" Cole said.

"Ninja-GO!" We all chanted as we did Spinjitsu. We flew out of a hole in the roof of the cave.

When we all landed, Jay, Zane and I lost our balance and fell to the ground laughing. "We did it!" Kai said triumphantly. "We are unbelievable!"

"We are the best!" Zane exclaimed "That was pretty cool." I said. "Yeah, I was like 'POW' and you were like 'BANG' and it was so-"

"ENOUGH!" Sensei yelled. "I told you not to use the Scythe." "He did it." Jay said pointing at Kai.

"Tattletale." I hissed at Jay. "I warned him Sensei. We both did." Cole said gesturing to me. "Using it was my only option." Kai said in his defense.

"And what makes you think you're more important than the team? Huh? HUH?!" "They took my sister, remember?"

"There are still four weapons left. Maybe next time, you can do it right." Sensei said angrily.

With that, we all turned around and headed towards the next weapon.