"Meredith--"

"Good night." Meredith stayed at the desk and wrote the report, typing quickly. Though her eyes had a hard time focusing, she at least was a fast typer. She had to be with her major and her mostly working on a computer. Meredith knew where all the keys were on the computer were, so truly, she didn't even see what she typed.

When Meredith finished, she closed up the desk and went back to her room. In her room, the ache from her face only worsened and no matter what she took for the pain. Meredith took the ice away for a second as she looked in the mirror. The swelling had gone down but already it was turning another shade. As for her eye, there were broken blood vessels, making Meredith look as if she was the one smoking weed. Sighing, this one was going to be hard to explain to Harry.

On her midnight round, Meredith gripped the clipboard tightly, as if she was ready for a fight. She left the melting ice in her room as she walked around. It was odd, every single week, Meredith saw the most residents out on the midnight round. Meredith preferred her sleep.

The residents complained that they were tired and they had so much homework. Every single time, without a doubt, Meredith said, "You could earlier in the day and sleep now." She didn't miss it this time. Meredith moved through the hall until she reached her room again.

Glancing at the microwave clock, Meredith knew Harry was awake. She wanted to assume that he didn't know yet, but when twelve-thirty hit, it was obvious that he did. "Hello," Meredith smiled.

"Oh shite," Harry muttered. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

"Mere--"

"Not this shit again," she groaned. "It'll leave a bruise, but I'll survive. It's not the worst injury I've had, especially in the past... three months." Meredith smiled. "Think of it as a good story to tell."

"Do you think this guy is connected to the death threat?"

"No, I think Creepy Resident Dude smoked weed, but it was laced with something so the weed didn't its job."

Harry paused, head tilting to the side. "Did you just call him Creepy Resident Dude?"

"Yes."

"And how did get this name?"

"He gives everyone the creeps. He's a resident. He's a dude. Thus, he is Creepy Resident Dude."

"He gives you the creeps but you don't think he sent the death threat?"

"Yes."

"Mere," Harry groaned.

"Harry, I haven't received another note, so I'm going to continue to assume it was a Halloween prank. Him punching me in the face does not give proof that he wrote the note and slid it under my door," Meredith said. "The reason why we think he's creepy and weird is because he tried to join the French Legion, and when that didn't work out, he became a monk for a year. But I haven't seen this dude religious at all. He's weird; that's it."

Harry didn't believe her.

Reaching up, Meredith ripped a sticky note off her wall and held it in front of him. It said sixty one, as in sixty one days when they would see each other next. They would meet again in Canada. Though, now it was more like sixty days.

"The days are going to pass quickly," he said.

Meredith nodded. "We just need to get through the next week or two, when the paparazzi will lay off and then it will be quick. You have stuff to do. I have classes. Sixty days will pass before you know it."

"Then we'll have to plan another get together."

"Well, I already thought ahead."

"Did you?"

Meredith smiled. "I'm going to Germany this summer to get my minor done. Perhaps I can stay a few days after to hang out with you."

Harry smiled. "London? Or a great getaway?"

"I was thinking Scotland."

"Are you just using me to get Scotland?"

"Yes."

"And after that?"

"Be happy with what we get. I'm not made of money."

"I am."

"Get the fuck out of here." Meredith glanced at the clock. It was almost one, and she could almost go to bed. "Sixty days, Harry."

"It seems too far away."

"No, the days seem too long. Perhaps I should pick it up a bit?"

"Try not to pick a fight with anyone."

"Where's the fun in that?" Meredith asked with a smile. "I've got a black eye and a bad attitude."