Chapter 6: A Week In and Already in the Plot?

Brian began to toss and turn in his sleep, gripping the sides of his bed tightly.

"AHHH!"

The flute player smashed against the wall, his flute falling out of his hands as he tried to pick himself up.

"Really? That was the best you could have done? All this time training and you still look like a loser,"

Brian looked up to see Tyler, Tiarrah, Grant, and Mayela, all standing over him. Mayela gave her former friend an apologetic look as she held Emma's phone in her hand, the phone screen cracked beyond repair. Grant smirked as he twirled Judah's microphone, the rest of her weapon missing rather than the base and the wire itself. And finally, Tiarrah, with a smug look on her face, broke Abbi's bow in half, before discarding the broken remnants of his friend's weapon.

"I'll commend you Van Vorst. You tried fighting a losing battle, but in the end, you were reduced to the dirt beneath my boot," Brian's bully said as he lifted the flute player's head up by the hair, causing him to cry out in pain. Putting his fist right on his temple, Tyler pulled the trigger on his gauntlets, causing everything to go dark...

"Brian!"

Brian jolted up from his sleep in a pool of sweat, holding his head and calming down once he realized that there wasn't any blood. He looked around the room to see Abbi, Judah, and Emma, all standing up, dressed in their everyday clothing. It was the weekend after all and Team BAJE had been able to catch up on the school work they were behind on. "Are you okay?" Emma asked as she walked over to his side of the room and put her hand on his back. 

Brian nodded. "Yeah...just...just a nightmare, I guess," He explained as he got out of the bed and quickly went into the bathroom to get ready for the day. 

The three girls of Team BAJE looked at the closed bathroom door in concern. "That's the third one this week," Judah said softly with a sigh. "What do you think is going on?"

"I have no idea, but we got to ask him about it soon or I am afraid it's going to just get worse," Abbi said before looking out the window in surprise. "Okay, it's 10:00 in the morning. Why did the sky just get darker?" 

The three girls looked outside the window to see a massive fleet of ships floating over the Academy and expanding over the rest of the Kingdom. "We have this big of a military force?" Judah asked before turning to Abbi.

The redhead shook her head. "If I am not mistaken, those ships belong to Atlas and their military. So it seems that General Ironwood has made his presence known," She said. 

Brian opened the bathroom door and stepped back into the room, wearing black jeans and a black hoodie. "Let's head to the library guys," He said with a small smile towards everyone. 

"But why?" Emma asked. "We are all caught up on our lesson until we get assigned more,"

"That's true, however, you also need to tell me your weapon name!" 

The three girls groaned, as they had forgot about the assignment the leader of the team gave them. "You all have until we get sat down at the library," He said as he walked out of the dorm room. 

As Brian was walking towards the library, his hands began to shake, no matter how hard he tried to suppress his anxiety. 'I can't let them know what is going through my head right now,' He thought to himself as he took a deep breath. 'I just have to be a leader. To the best of my ability. My responsibilities to my team will always come first,'

As soon as Team BAJE entered the library, they noticed that Team JNPR were there, with Ren reading a large textbook (even though Nora was sleeping on it), Jaune was reading a comic book, and Pyrrha, trying to get the blonde's attention. When he finally looked up, she took the comic book out of his hands and replaced it with a textbook. She looked up and saw Team BAJE walking up to their table. "Hello!" She said with a pleasant smile and a wave.