"But why?" she screamed.

"Because of the man that just left from here." I replied, trying to reduce my anger.

"Don't talk in circles and tell me, Jay." She demanded.

"I told you about how my Dad cheated right? Well, it was with that bastard's Mom. He left my Mom to go and live with that woman along with her son. He just left his son and wife to stay with a woman and someone else son. To top of that he married her. It was nothing but hell for all of us." I started saying and felt the coldness sweep inside.

"And?" she asked in a whisper.

"And he returned after two years. I could do nothing but to act normally with him as my Mom is happy again, who lived like a corpse those two years. Maybe he thought the suffering was not enough, because while dying, he wrote a will saying whoever between him and I have the first kid will get all his properties. Do you know the worst thing? Those properties are my Mom's and not his but she shifted them to him along with the business which was her father's. And he did this at the end." I replied fisting my hands.

"She thought, you will not give her kids anymore and devised everything." I added.

"Why would she think that?" she asked in a low tone.

"That falls on another person. Do you remember Tania? My business partner's daughter who decided herself that I will be hers and was behind my Mom to get me married to her. But then I fell in love with you and married you. She didn't keep quiet and got to know about all this when Mom confided in her feeling worried when you didn't get pregnant during first six months. So, this Tania showed fake documents of you having a problem not be able to have children at all." I replied and felt nothing but disgust rethinking how can they be so selfish.

"Mom told me all this when I mistakenly said about you being pregnant and I didn't want another betrayal when she pressured for me to get married. Then she broke down, saying everything but I couldn't say anything to her seeing her health." I added.

"Are you supporting her decisions?" she suddenly asked.

"No! I don't care about all this money and everthing. I know I can start my own business any time." I replied immediately.

"You need to leave, Jay." She said standing up.

"Kalpana! Please don't... don't forgive me, but give me a chance." I said standing up.

"You gave me too much to think and I need to take a rest." She said, gesturing the door and I left when she stood silent.

Please give me one chance, Kalpana. Just one small chance! I thought, driving away lost in my thoughts.

*Kalpana Pov*

I brushed my tears away realizing it is six and leaned back on the bed, still not getting the sleep and immediately sat up hearing the door bell.

"I know, I said we will talk in the morning, but I couldn't wait anymore. It is better if you know the things." He said the moment I opened the door and frowned seeing my face.

"I had one side of explanation and now I am going to hear yours." I said, moving away and sat on the couch expecting him to sit before me but he sat beside me.

"So, your step brother said all about his father fiasco and then the will. But now, I want to ask you. Do you know who we were from the beginning?" I asked turning towards him.

"Yes!" he replied and I sucked in breath hearing.

"When did you get to know about the relation between Jay and me?" I asked and he gave a pained look.