Chapter 28

*Jay Pov*

"Go home! We can have the discussion tomorrow." The bastard said in a calm tone raising my anger.

"Wasn't your Mom was enough to destroy our lives that you turned to my wife?" I asked and his jaw clenched.

"Her son is sleeping inside and he will be scared if he hears any shouts." He replied after a few seconds.

"He is my son." I said, glaring and he sighed.

"Then act like he is your son and leave." He said and immediately left my wrist.

"Why do you both hate my family so much?" I asked, staring at him, to which he sighed again before waving.

A car came near to the house and he walked near to it before standing leaning on it. I looked at him and shook my head before walking out myself and walked near to my car.

We both got inside and after a few minutes we drove away in the opposite direction. However, after ten minutes, I turned back to drive to her house.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, opening the door.

"We need to talk." I replied, hoping she will allow me inside.

"We will talk tomorrow." She said, shaking her head.

"Will you get sleep without knowing what is going on? I am sure you have questions, right?" I asked and she stood for a second with a thoughtful frown before moving aside to allow me.

"Tell me what you want to say." She said, sitting on the couch while I sat before her.

"I know I treated everything with so lightness but I was just relieved finally to find you. Anyway, I will not give any more excuses." I said, staring at her to which she sat silent.

"Will there be no chance for you, kalpana? I loved you truly and... and it is my bad luck that we had this much gap. I want you in my life and our son. I will never do any stupid thing and all I need is you." I said pleading her.

"If you really loved me then how could you believe some pictures and incidents?" she asked and I looked away.

"That is my mistake which I will regret my whole life, but... but please don't discard me. I know what I did is unforgivable and I shouldn't be. But at the same time, I cannot lose my family." I replied pleading her more.

"How could you believe everything but not your wife? Was your love so weak? You discarded my son's identity too. How could you just throw me out?" she asked staring at me.

"Because those were not the things I believed, Kalpana. Those were not the things, but the person whom I trust with my each breath. Why wouldn't I? Why would I doubt my Mom?" I asked back.

"Your Mom?" she asked frowning.

"Yes! She was behind each and every thing that happened. She was the one who said so many things and I still didn't believe those when I saw the pictures, but then... but I couldn't leave her words. I thought what could she gain from lying? And that was my stupidest mistake." I replied, closing my eyes.

"And do you know the best part? If I had just called her the day when you told me the news of your pregnancy then nothing would have happened and everything would have stopped which was started. I ignored so many things, but they were piling up and her words just made them strong." I added and opened my eyes to see her going pale.

"Why would she do that? And why would all this not had happened if we had told her the news of my pregnancy?" she asked frantically.

"Because she did all this for getting a grandchild." I replied, still feeling the pain remembering her words.