Chapter 22

*Manohar Pov*

I tapped my finger on the table continuously and I am sure I would have made a hole in it by now if it is possible.

Where is she? I thought, glancing at the door again and at my mobile. I can't wait anymore than these two days with anticipation.

Maybe she is having second thoughts! That thought came and I immediately crossed it not even wishing to think about it.

Is she fine? I asked myself and glanced at the clock to see it is near to lunchtime, making me realize for hours I am sitting here just doing the tapping.

"What is it Bhai? We talked only yesterday, right? I thought you would be too busy and may even forget me by now." Pallavi rambled the moment she lifted my call.

"She is not here." I simply stated.

"Oh! Maybe she is feeling tired and decided to take a rest." She offered but I shook my head.

"She didn't message or called me." I added.

"I don't know what to say. I wish I was there so that I can call her asking why is she not at the office but she will doubt when yesterday only we talked." She said sighing.

"I know!" I mumbled frowning.

"That's why I said I will not go for this stupid thing." She grumbled.

"I will give her a call." I said ignoring her comment.

"Sure!" she encouraged and we hung up.

I selected her contact and contemplated whether to call her or not. But then within a second pressed the call button.

I opened my mouth to say when I heard the call being lifted but heard a small sound of her saying 'hello' making me frown.

"Are you crying?" I asked sitting straight.

"Manohar? I... I..." she stammered and I heard more sniffles.

"I don't want to cry." She said and I tightened my grip on the mobile.

"Is your leg paining? That's why I said to give it a rest but you didn't listen. I will be there." I said, but I immediately heard her shouting 'Go away'.

"What?" I asked, frowning.

"He is here, Manohar. I... he left in the morning, but now he returned again and begging me to open the door and talk to him. I don't know what to do. I really don't want to cry and I even have to pick Sudhir today. I don't want to break my promise to him, but I don't want him to see my crying face." She continued to babble and I heard her crying with such emotion that I staggered back.

"Who is here, Kalpana?" I asked softly, even after feeling the dread.

"My ex-husband!" she replied between sniffles.

"Why don't you calm down and wash your face. I will be there." I mumbled after a few minutes of silence.

"Okay!" she mumbled hanging up.

Nothing can go for good once in my life, right? I asked myself closing my eyes and opened them feeling more dread.

I immediately called Pallavi and waited for her to lift the call while mind went to all directions.

"So, what happened?" she asked lifting up.

"He is here." I replied fisting my other hand.

"Who?" she asked in a confused tone.

"Jay went up to meet Kalpana." I explained.

"What? What is he doing near her?" she screamed.

"He is begging her to talk it seems." I replied, trying to keep my thoughts away.