Chapter 11

*Kalpana Pov*

"What are you going to wear tonight?" Pallavi asked when I reached the canteen for lunch.

"Normal dress." I replied shrugging.

"Wear something nice nah." She mumbled frowning.

"Don't I wear nicely everyday?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

"I mean... other than these, why don't you try some sarees? I never saw you in one." She replied shrugging.

"I used to wear them a lot, but it's been too many years since I bought one." I mumbled concentrating on the food not wishing to go into the memories were I wore them when I was married.

"Maybe you can buy one now." She suggested to which I shook my head.

"Come on! We never got invited to such parties before from the company and this is time for a change." We suddenly heard Kiran's voice and turned to see him standing behind us.

"What are you doing standing behind us?" I asked him frowning.

"I am trying to know all your secrets." He replied, winking and sat beside me.

"You are too noisy." Pallavi mumbled and finished her lunch.

"So, are you going to do something different tonight or will you be normal?" Kiran asked staring at me to which Pallavi joined.

"Fine!" I mumbled getting up not knowing whatelse to tell them.

"Great! We both will leave early and go for shopping." She said, standing up immediately with a grin.

"I can't leave early without boss permission and I don't think it is good for me to ask it for some shopping." I said smiling at her.

"I am sure he will leave early to meet the guests and you can leave early." She said after a few minutes.

"If it happens, then we will go." I said, nodding and walked away to reach my desk.

"Ms.Kalpana! Everyone got to know about the bash?" I got startled before standing up to see him standing near his door.

"Yes, Sir!" I replied nodding.

"I hope you stressed on the part of them attending it compulsorily with their family. I need this one to be largest." He added, glancing at his watch.

"I informed about it too, Sir." I mumbled, feeling a little weird with his enthusiasm.

Sure, it is not the normal kind of enthusiasm everyone shows, but it is in his own way. Then again, I am sure there must be some reason or he is really weird.

"Ms.Kalpana?" I came out of my thoughts and saw him staring at me expectantly.

"Sorry, Sir! I was thinking about something." I replied with a guilty look.

"I am leaving office as I need to make sure that all the clients are settled in the guest quarters." He continued to talk and seemed to be nervous suddenly.

"Is everything fine, Sir?" I asked, not able to stay back.

"Of course!" he replied and I can never believe his word.

"Is there any work that needs to be done, Sir? I can take care of it." I offered to which he immediately shook his head.

"Everything is taken care of and you just keep an eye out on everything that is going on so that you can contact all of them instead of me. I already gave you the list of the numbers, right?" he asked and I nodded, feeling awkward with him using these many words.