"Umm Liv, can you do me a favor?" I asked not making eye contact with her and instead just staring at the floor. I can already feel my tears building up again.

"Sure Bree! Anything at all!"

"Can you drive me to the hospital?"

"OMG! WHAT THE HELL HAPPEN? ARE YOU SICK? IS THERE SOMETHING REALLY REALLY WRONG THAT ENDED UP GIVING YOU A DISEASE? ACTUALLY, DID YOU—" She rambled but stopped when I cut her off by raising my hand.

"Liv, chillax! It's just a family emergency. Though, you dont really have to—"

"No!" She exclaimed cutting me off. "I want to help you Bree. I really really do but... I seriously want an explanation"

I gave her a weak smile. "Another time"

"Alrighty! You wouldn't wanna be late... Would you?" She asked placing her hands on her hips and I shook my head. "Alright then, where's the hospital?" I gave her the address to the hospital.

My life is such a mess! I just want to get over this quickly and start over. It's a good thing we moved, we can have a new start. We had a restart button. But we can't change what's already done. The past is the past.

We exited Liv's place and headed towards her car when I see Reece sitting on the driver's seat. "Why's he coming?" I asked.

"I haven't gotten my license yet so he's driving" Liv answered almost immediately. I really don't want him to come with us and I don't care if he's Liv's twin brother, I seriously dislike him.

I sighed as I run my fingers through my hair. The car ride was very silent and no one said a word, which was a good thing because I really want silence in the moment. I need to think this through. If my mom dies, will Zoe be my legal guardian? Or will she be the bitch she is and send me to an adoption home for five months? Who knows what Zoe can do, she practically hates me and is blaming this whole situation on me because if I wasn't stubborn enough to run away then none of this will happen...

If I hadn't allowed my dad to go to that stupid party that night then he would still be alive this very moment. Now to think of it, he did ask my permission along with Jen, if they could leave me alone for the night. Me, being the little girl I was, thought he was going to a birthday party with the games and stuff but that wasn't the situation.

My mom wouldn't be in the accident if I wasn't such a brat, I wouldn't have ran away which made her worry and look for me which ended up with her in an accident.

Everything was my fault.

I started to feel my phone buzzing in my pocket. I took it out and checked the caller ID and it was Zoe. "Hello?" I answered.

"WHERE ARE YOU AUBREY MAYA SUMMERS!" She shouted. Geez, I think I'm deaf.

"Chill, I'm on my way and plus, you are starting to sound like mom... Like a lot like her" I laughed, trying to lighten up the mood.

"Haha funny!" She deadpanned."Seriously though, hurry up!!"

"Alright alright." I ended the phone call and turned to Reece. "Can you like, I don't know, hurry up?"

"You don't have to be so bossy" He muttered under his breath. He stepped on the pedal and went faster.

We finally arrived at the hospital. I scan it from top to bottom. It was pretty tall, I reckon it's about twelve floors. I called up Zoe and she said Mom's in the fourth floor room 417. I entered the building and I headed towards the elevator. I told Liv and Reece that I'll be fine and they can leave. Liv was hesitant and Reece looked relieved. Oh fudge him. I arrived in the fourth floor. I started to count down the room.

421... 420... 419... 418...

Here it is! Room 417! I slowly opened the door and peaked. I saw mom lying down on the bed— probably sleeping or something— and Zoe holding her hand, mumbling some words. Zoe didn't notice me at first so I stayed silent. I closed the door, thinking that Zoe will finally acknowledge my presence but no.

I cleared my throat and she snapped her head towards me so fast, I think she got a whiplash. "Oh thank God you are here" she said standing up. I opened my arms to invite her into my arms. She ran towards me and I wrapped my arms around her while she sobbed. "You know, I don't know why you are being so nice to me given the fact that I have been such a shitty sister to you" She said but it came out muffled because her face is against my chest.

"You are so right but... A sister is a sister" I said unwrapping my arms. I smiled at her and she gave me a sad smile. She looks like a mess. Okay, I'm being a hypocrite but whatever. Obviously both of us are feeling like shit when our dad is dead and our mom has a possibility of joining our dad...

*~*~*~*

"Hey wake up!" A voice told me. "We have school sissy." Liv

"Let the master handle this." A different voice said cracking a his or her, knuckles. "AUBREY! GET UP YOU SKUNK!" The crazy person started spraying water at me.

"What the hell!" I got up and looked around. I'm not in my room... Wait! I'm in the hospital. I probably fell asleep last night. I glanced at my mom who is still unconscious and I saw a few people who have successfully woken me up for school. Liv, Zoe, Jen and an unknown man.

"Hey Bree!" Jen said approaching me slowly as if I'm a ticking bomb.

I sighed. "I'm sorry Jen for what I said. I didn't mean any of it!" I lied. I still think she's a whore of a woman and she caused my dad's death but I just realized that I am also the reason for BOTH of their deaths... Even though my mom's not dead yet and I really don't think she's going to die but it's still my fault for this. For everything.

"It's alright honey" She said hugging me tightly.

"I... Can't... Breathe..."

"Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry" she said giving me a sad smile. The unknown man cleared his throat. Jen looked at him then back at me. "Oh, umm... Aubrey, this is Mike, my fiancé" Mike gave me a wave and I returned the gesture. I looked at Liv then back at Mike then back at Liv. They looked awfully familiar. Liv and Mike both shared a nervous look and I looked at Zoe then Liv. Liv gave me a nervous smile and I gave her a confused look. Obviously I'm confused!

Anyways, time to go home...

*~*~*~*

A/N:

Yoooo What's up? Just a little flashback in this chapter. Just playing around with the characters.

Pretty short though...

You know what to do...

Vote! Comment! Share!