Chapter Twenty-Nine: Prisoner

~Tsuki Hyashi~

(ATH)

I eased into a comfortable position on the bed. I was so glad to be back on my turf. The air smelled familiar- and I caught a whiff of the previous people that were living here- me and Kaito. My arm throbbed, and I wanted to yell in pain, but that would be most inappropriate of a Moon Guardian. Good thing my wound wasn't festering yet. Alena bandaged it up and whispered something, and the pain receded.

"Thanks," I said gratefully.

"No problem."

A while later, I noticed that something was wrong with Eliana again. She was very agitated, and her limbs were twitching. Alena noticed as well.

"Eliana, did you get injured as well?" She asked in concern. But Eliana didn't answer.

"Eliana?" I spoke up, now worried. Her aura had changed. She didn't glow warmly anymore, but instead, her heart was scalding and dry. She straightened and bared her teeth at us in a feral matter. What was wrong with her? "Eliana! What's going on?" I tried to prop myself up, but I hit my bad arm.

"Listen to well Guardians..." Eliana spoke. It wasn't her own voice, though. It was mixed with high pitched wails and a dark deep male voice. "I know you are coming for me. But you will not succeed. You cannot... If one of you were destroyed!" She laughed and raised her hand. An extremely bright light exploded from her palm, shooting Alena and me backward (where I hit my head on the wall) and breaking the windows of my bedroom. A noise like screaming could be heard and her light mixed with shadows. Pulsations spread out from her palm, paralyzing us.

"DIE." She hissed, laughing underneath. A straight beam of shadows and light shot out from her hand and streaked for Alena.

"Oh no..." I realized what was happening. "No no no no NOOO!" The stream shot through Alena's body, right through her stomach. Her eyes went wide and she bent forward by the impact. Blood seeped onto the polished white floors and some trickled from her mouth.

"Eliana... what..." Alena whispered and fell over, motionless.

"NO!" I screamed. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Our plan was ruined. Without Alena, the Nartoches would surely destroy us. Eliana stalked towards me. She sighed, lowering her hand and putting it on her hip.

"Dear Moon Guardian..." She shook her head and clicked her tongue. "It's a pity Eliana's power didn't target you. When my dearest sister brings you to me... You'll wish you never came here." She smiled, showing her teeth.

"Who are you." I scrambled away, my heart pounding. I'd never felt such fear in a long long time.

"Did you really have to ask that?" Eliana pouted, flicking her nails at me. "You know, this body is actually very nice. I think I'll keep it for a while." So, Eliana was possessed by someone. I would never have guessed. I drew Yorukaze with my free hand- my left hand.

"Begone, Nartoch," I said.

"Psh. Nartoch, you say? I am no Nartoch." Laughing, Eliana came closer. "I am above and beyond them all." Her features contorted into a sneer. I realized that I couldn't use my sword. I couldn't end up killing the Sun Guardian. "Yes, that's right," Eliana said. "You can't hurt me. If you're wondering, you've become quite poor at hiding your expressions." I gritted my teeth.

"You won't go away, will you?" I tried to stall, stepping backward. I felt some wetness under my shoes and grimaced.

"Sorry, sweetheart. My sister is gonna bring you back with her, like the good girl she is."

"Bring me back? Where?" I inched casually around Eliana so that her back was facing away from the door and to the shattered windows.

"You don't need to know that." She smirked. "It'll be a surprise, courtesy of yours truly."