Chapter Twenty-Eight: Death

Eliana

(SLB)

Tsuki, Alena and I were supposedly on our way to the moon kingdom. Giddy excitement filled my head, I had noticed in our travels that every place we traveled had its differences, yet all were beautiful in its own way, however cheesy it sounds.

The moon kingdom came into view, it was hard to describe, but it was a castle with two halves, one made of darkness, one made of a bright light. The towers rose so high you couldn't see their peaks because they disappeared into the stars. The castle was so grand it took my breath away. The most interesting part of the castle was the floating buildings that surrounded them, different structures floated around and in between the towers, sparkling in the light of the stars, yet they seemed tethered to the castle by strings of light, it was quite different than I imagined. However beautiful it was; I felt out of place, the moon was opposite to the sun, I was cold and uncomfortable, I felt like I didn't belong here, I was just itching to leave. Hopefully, Tsuki would get healed, we would find whatever it is we were looking for and we would be on our way.

The castle got closer as we walked until finally the gates opened in front of us and the magnificent castle was open to us, Tsuki was leaning against Alena as we walked through. That's when I felt a stabbing pain run through my side, I staggered for a moment and then recovered my posture and but through the pain.

" Are you alright Eliana?" Tsuki asked noticing me fall slightly behind. I nodded through the pain, I didn't want them to worry.

Tsuki guided us through the castle into a large bedroom. The bed was huge and a circle, it was concealed by a slightly see through a silky curtain, the room had an open door leading to a canopy overlooking earth, it was a beautiful sight that room my breath away. I turned from the window to see Alena gently lowering Tsuki on the bed; Tsuki protesting that she didn't need any help.

Then a familiar yet all too dreadful feeling overcame me. It starts with a drum. A simple pounding in my head, growing louder and louder with every millisecond until the only thing I could hear was the repeated pounding in my ears. The pounding turned into hammering and the noise was hammering me into the ground. Was I still standing? Was I on my knees?

The drum turned red, in that unexplainable way that turns noises into colors even though that doesn't make any sense. The red starting as just a color in my mind, growing brighter and brighter yet darker and darker seemingly at the same time, almost at the exact timing of each pounding noise in my mind. The color than spread to my vision, the color not only an idea now but physical, making up everything I could see. The pounding still growing but now it was causing my to physically shake with every beat, I was moving the sound and not to my own accord which scared me. The red spread as well, where the sound went the color followed. It made its way to my chest, making it ache in pain, to my limbs which then went heavy and numb.

That's when the first burst came, the burst of power that mostly felt like pain. The pain taking every part of me, it tore me apart, it shattered my heart and engulfed everything in flames. It raged through my head and felt as though my head was splitting into two. Yet I knew what it was, it was the unmistakable surge of power, one I had never experienced to be so strong, yet there it was. It was searching. The power was too much for me to handle, too much for just a teen to keep all for herself, it needed a place to dispose of itself, it needed an enemy, and it chose one.

I started screaming when I knew what it was. The scream coming from somewhere I didn't even know, it tore at my throats until I was sure I didn't have a throaty left and somehow it still managed to escape me. If it was a scream or resistance I will never know but what I do know is that it wasn't enough. Once the power itself had locked into one target, in particular, it would not change. It gave everything it got, completely destroying whatever target it had chosen.

Surges of power, a power I had never experience or even heard about flooded out of me. I was barely conscious, barely knew what was happening but I knew I was destroying, and I hated it. The power craved my hate, it ate it and turned it into power. I can't recollect how long the process was, it felt like years of agony. At some point I remember arms wrapping around my waist, trying to pull me from whatever state I was in, the arms immediately retracted and I felt my middle go cold. It was immediately reversed with a burning, agonizing sensation.

I was certain I was dying, it was too much, my body couldn't handle it, couldn't sustain itself at this rate, I was burning, I was breaking. I realized I couldn't breathe. I clawed for any breath but whatever was inside of me refused. My lungs desperate, I was desperate for any relief but this was all I knew. Torture. It was torture.

The final burst of power came, I was pretty sure I burst. Then the darkness came, the last thing I felt was my limp unconscious body hit the floor. And then black.