Chapter Twenty-Five: Voices

Eliana

(SLB)

I was practically dragging my feet as we walked to the star port. My legs ached and screamed in pain with every step. Tsuki and Alena moved as though they hadn't just had an exhausting magical and physical fight.

" Let me get this straight," I say, breaking the silence. My first words since we started walking "You took a random stick, gave it to me, and by hitting it on the ground, it turned into a golden stick," this had been bugging me for a while.

"Staff," Alena corrected.

" Whatever, but won't it be a little obvious that I'm the sun warrior if I am carrying around a giant glowing staff?" Alena stopped walking and pondered this for a moment. Then she started walking again.

" I suppose so. My daggers have a sheath and Tsuki uses her cat-"

"Which is really sketchy by the way," I butt in.

"You need a way to keep it on you," Alena continued "How about a necklace?" I shook my head. I hated wearing necklaces. The way they constantly bopped up and down against your chest with every movement annoyed me to no end.

" A hair clip?" I asked. I don't know why I thought of it. It was almost a flash but I could see my mother, only from the back, walking in front of me and in her hair a silver clip. I shook out my memory.

" That could work," Alena smiled.

" One more thing," there was one other thing that kept bothering me " I'm just wondering, can any person..star...moon...being, thing," I stammered "take a stick and turn it into a magical and highly deadly weapon?"

"It's the wielder that makes it deadly," Tsuki corrected.

"Plus you need a certain type of magic that very few people have," Alena added.

"Ok that makes more-" I was about to finish my sentence when Tsuki viciously wrapped her hand around my mouth, making me stumble slightly. Immediately I knew something was up. I kept silent for a couple moments, listening for anything, but then decided it was just Tsuki overreacting. I slowly took her hand off my mouth. Then, when I was about to speak Tsuki and Alena took off running to my right, looking for whatever had made the noise I evidently hadn't heard. Before I could follow them they were out of sight, so I stayed on the path waiting for their return.

'Eliana'.

A whisper sounded between the trees. My senses were immediately on fire, ready for someone to start attacking me from behind.

'You can't avoid me'

The whisper became louder. It was as though the voice was hooked up to surround sound because the voice seemed to come from all directions.

'You can't resist me'

Don't panic, was the only thing running in my mind. I screamed out Alena and Tsuki's name, feeling the fear rise. I couldn't hear anything but the whispers now. The world was spinning and I didn't know which direction was which.

'You can't resist family'

That's when it stopped. The voice was gone and it was just the silence of the forest. That's when I collapsed into a sobbing mess on the ground. It was a weak thing to do but I felt so overwhelmed. I was exhausted from using my abilities against Alena and Tsuki. I was stressed, this whole trip had me worried and I yearned for my home, which apparently never existed. Tsuki and Alena; the only people that I could somewhat count on, didn't think they could count on me. I was majorly creeped out, it's not a normal thing to do to hear voices out of the blue and on top of it all. It said, family. I didn't have any family, and yet that's exactly what it said.

"Eliana?" Tsuki said from behind me.