Chapter Eleven: Wake Up

Eliana

(SLB)

The first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was the moon. It took me a couple seconds to realize that it wasn't the actual moon. That became apparent when the one planet became two. Then I realized it wasn't moons at all but bright glowing silver eyes. Like every normal person, my reaction was to run. Panic flooded my senses and the only thing I could think of were the terrorizing thoughts of what had happened and that I was dead, or kidnapped, or both.

In my panic, I jumped from whatever I was on only to fall on my side onto a fluffy rug. I clawed at the ground hoping that I could create as much distance between the stranger and me. I couldn't get very far. Pain racked my body as I tried. My right leg burned as though it had been in a campfire, I felt blood dripping from a wound on my jaw and as always the cut on my side throbbed, this time worse than ever before. I had to bite my lip to make sure I didn't shriek out in agony.

" Sun warrior," was all that the moon-eyed girl said. Tears blurred my vision but I could make out a pale skinned luminescent eyed girl staring at me intently. Another wave of pain shot through me. I cringed trying to avoid screaming in front of a total stranger. Something seems to break her out of her trance for she called to someone down the hall.

"Daisuke! Hurry up with those bandages," she looked at me for a brief moment before calling out again, and find some Advil while you're at it,"

She seemed to realize that I was still on the ground and put her hand out to help me up. I was hesitant, but I slowly reached for her hand. The second our hands touched we both withdrew our arms back to us at lightning speed. My hand was turning numb, I could barely move my fingers, they were pale and almost blue, frost was curving its way down my hand from where we touched. How were these reactions even possible? The moon girl had an opposite reaction. I saw steam coming from her hand as though she had just put it in a hot frying pan.

I heard her muttering some sort of different language under her breath in an attempt to conceal the pain.

" I should have known, the sun and the moon, they don't exactly mix," my hand was starting to defrost as I stood up from the ground. " Sit down, Daisuke will be here any second," I sat down on the couch. The girl sat down on the coffee table across from me.

" Who are you, if I may ask," I mumbled the last part.

" My name is Tsuki, I am the moon guardian,"

" Oh," was all I could muster, I was a little shocked, the girl seemed nice, though if she wanted to hurt me she would have done it already. I mean she did freeze my hand but I also burnt her, and definitely not intentionally. I don't even know how it happened, how I did that. My thoughts were racing again and I tried not to panic.

Daisuke then came into the room, carrying a first aid box. Tsuki immediately rummaged through the box until she found what she was looking for and starting to apply it to a cut on her forehead...that was dripping a silver liquid, how had I not noticed that before was beyond me. She seemed to notice my staring and pointed to the box. The thing is, I'm not all that handy when it comes to medical issues. Blood and bodily fluids freak me out and I have no idea what to do in a crisis. Despite all this, I got up and looked in the box. Disinfectant seemed like a good thing to use and the band-aids were decorated with SpongeBob.

" Alena!" Tsuki cried out to a room behind her. A girl my age emerged from the room, rubbing her eyes as though she had been crying. Her brown hair was slightly wavy and shimmered ever so slightly, her eyes were green but sparkled like stars.

" Sun Warrior!?" Is what she said when she finally noticed me.

" Ok!" I shouted standing up " I've had some crazy dreams recently and I don't know if this is one of them but I really need to know what's going. Honestly, this is freaking me out, I don't know where I am or who you are and I've tried to be calm and shed light on the situation-" The brunette stifled a laugh and Tsuki shot her a warning look, I decided to continue. " I just really need an explanation for all of this!" My voice cracked near the end. Great! This is just what I needed, a mental breakdown in the middle of a very possibly real nightmare.

" We will explain everything, just sit down," the green eyed girl instructed. Her voice was soothing yet commanding and I couldn't help but obey. I sat down again and then they explained ....everything.