Chapter Fourteen: Filling In The Blanks

★Alena★

(AQ)

Tsuki turned and left the room hurrying after her Butler leaving me and the Sun warrior alone in the room. I leaned against the wall awkwardly as Eliana stared straight ahead. A minute ticked by, then two. Her eyes didn't even twitch. Finally, I push myself off the wall and bend down in front of her. No movement. I waved my hand in front of her face. Not a muscle twitched.

"Hey, are you okay?" Eliana looked up breathing hard. Oh no. She is hyperventilating. I drew up all of my memories from my training in first aid. " Okay. Eliana. It's okay. Let's do this together. Breathe in and out. In and out." I put my hand on her shoulder as we breathed in and out. She grabbed my arm for stabilization. Immediately I pulled away from her, my heart racing. I looked at my arm. I wasn't hurt. So why did I pull away? Eliana didn't notice and began to shake as she pushed her hair down with her hands. I tried to calm her down but nothing worked. I was beginning to freak out when a stream of water flew through the air and hit Eliana in the face. She sat there soaked but she had stopped hyperventilating. I looked up and saw a young boy holding an empty cup in his hand.

"Who are you people and why are you in Tsuki's house?" The boy said and took a threatening step towards us. I flew up drawing my daggers and getting ready for any violence coming from him. He stared at the daggers, I know that this was a big risk showing myself to a human but Eliana couldn't protect herself and Tsuki wasn't here. The boy obviously afraid of me grabbed a lamp stand pulling the cord out of the socket and causing the silver shade to fall off.

"Put the lamp down and back away slowly," I said my voice quiet and deadly. Then Tsuki came into the room and froze. She looked from me to the boy and back again.

"Alena, stand down. He's, he's a friend." I scowled at the boy and sheathed my daggers in their holsters behind my back. But I didn't sit down. She turned to the boy.

"Rayn! I told you to leave!"

"There are creepy people in your house!"

"They are supposed to be here!"

"I thought they had killed you!"

"Well, I'm not dead! Am I?" He fell silent and looked to the ground.

"Okay. Who is he, how does he know you, and is he evil or good?" I said. Tsuki tiredly looked at me and opened her mouth but "Ryan" spoke first.

"Wait. If she gets an explanation I think I deserve one too."

"Then you might want to sit down. We are going to be here a long time." We both sat down and Eliana sat up straighter. So Tsuki explained all she could about herself and us to the boy and then explained to us that the boy had been very annoyingly following her for the longest time and his name was Rayn Cassie. At the end of it, all Rayn was dumbstruck and I was curiously looking at him trying to figure out his motivation that caused him to follow Tsuki all these months. But the only reason I could come up with was love.

"So you are the moon, you're the sun, and you are the north star?" He scanned our faces for any lies. Finally, he sat back his arms crossed over his chest.

"I don't believe it."

"You want some proof?" I said

"Sure," Tsuki shot me a warning look. I let my mind fall away from reality and transmitted a message to everyone.

"Do you believe ?" Everyone's heads looked at me even Rayn's. There was dead silence for a while then Eliana spoke for the first time in thirty minutes.

"You can telepathically speak to us!?"

"Well, Ya. Well, Rayn Cassie. Do you believe now?"

"Yes. I do believe. But Tsuki, why didn't you tell me before?" He said looking at Tsuki.

"I didn't tell you because of the problem we have now. You know what we are and it is now unsafe for you to just roam around the earth. Nartoches will be looking for us and when they know that you know the truth about us they will come and torture you. You might not be able to resist them and tell them. Or they will simply just kill you. Our problem is that I don't know where you will be safe." She let her last sentence hang above us like a dark cloud. Then an idea came to my head.

"My father."

"What?" Tsuki looked at me strangely.

"We could take him to my father. He would be safe there. Treated with the highest honor for we have never had a full human come to Eosphoros."

"Well, what about you? You're a human." Rayn said. I stood up.

"I am not a human. I have a human mother but my father is king Entdril, the high star of Eosphoros. Therefore I am not fully human nor fully star. If I was a star I would look like I was made of gold." I finished and looked over at the others. Tsuki and Eliana looked strangely at me. I had forgotten that they do not know everything about me and my family. I sat down again as Tsuki spoke.

"That is actually not a bad idea. Alena, are you sure that your family will keep Rayn safe?"

"If I tell them the value Rayn is to the Nartoches my family will literally treat him like a prince. He will be completely protected, besides my mother will be there so there will be extra guards stationed at the castle anyway. War is coming."

"Very well, Rayn, you will go to Eosphoros with us and stay in the castle with Alena's family."

"Don't I get a say in this?"

"No, you don't, because you'll just say no. You wanted an explanation and you got one, and here are the consequences."

"Alena, how do we get to Eosphoros?"

"Well, that's the hard part. The only known entrance to the kingdom of the stars is in Saskatchewan, Canada. I moved from there to find you guys. I guess we need to get to Saskatchewan, then find some were high." Tsuki sighed and shifted in her seat.

"I guess we're going to Saskatchewan."

(Aileen, Alena's Daggers)