Chapter 29

It gets later and later in the day with Madison, Ruby and I just start talking and watching movies. I see Ruby starting to fall asleep so I cover her with the blanket.

" Well aren't you two the worlds cutest couple" Madison says in a whisper. I look at her and roll my eyes.

"Why not try finding you a date" I ask Madison and she laughs, " What's so funny?"

" I can't do dating, it never ends up well. You know that" she says and I get up and sit next to her.

" Okay, well listen. I will find you a date that makes you happy, because that's all I want," I tell her and I grab her phone and make her unlock it.

" What are you going to do to my phone?" She asks and I start downloading tinder.

" No, no way" she says as she tries to grab her phone out of my hand.

" Shhh, Ruby is sleeping," I say," let's just test out the waters and see what happens"

" I already know what'll happen. She will go on a date just for the sex, or I'll end up just fucking it up." She says with a loud sigh at the end. I can see the pain in her face.

" Don't give up, this could be a new beginning for you" I tell her as I start setting up her bio and picture.

" What if it doesn't work" she says and I grab her hand.

" Don't give up. You can't think negative else a negative outcome will happen" I tell her and she smiles, "there's the spirit" I tell her and I press finish.

" Now what" she asks looking at her phone.

" Swipe left for someone you would like to talk to and swipe right for someone you wouldn't, but also check there bio instead of judging by the cover" I tell her. I see her swop right too many times on pretty girls.

" Okay give me your phone" I tell her as I grab it out of her hand.

" No, I don't want you swiping left on people for me" she says but I push her away.

" These girls are attractive and you aren't giving them a chance" I tell her and she stops fighting for her phone.

" You see, look at this girl. She is pretty. Her name is Alex and she loves adventures and doesn't drink or smoke. That's a good sign right there" I tell her happily and she smiles a bit.

" I'll swipe left for you and if she swipes left on you as well, I want you to tell me" I tell her and she nods.

" Okay well let's get Ruby into bed " she says as she yawns. We both get up and try to pick her up. We both look at each other knowing it won't happen without actually waking her.

" This won't work, by the time we get half way up the stairs we I'll drop her" Madison says, but I want to try. I pick Ruby up and realize that it was easier than we both thought it would be.

" Follow me up the stairs to give me support" I tell Madison. As I walk up the stairs Madison lightly holds my back so I have support. As the stairs finish I go to the bed and gently lay Ruby down. I high-five Madison and whisper "teamwork" to her. Madison goes downstairs and goes to sleep and I lie down next to Ruby, watching her just sleep through the night.

I wake up to a knocking. I check the time and it is 4 in the morning and it's raining. Ruby is still asleep so I get up quietly so I don't wake her. I hear the knocking again so I move faster. I see Madison on the couch still snoring away. As I get to the door I look through the peep hole and see no one. I walk to Madison to make sure she isn't pranking me. As I move towards her face I prepare for her to jump and scare me, but instead I hear her little snores. I walk to the restroom downstairs and splash my face with water to wake myself up. Then I jump when I hear the knocking again. I speed walk to the door and look through the peep hole again, but this time someone covered it. I look around frantically and run up stairs to get my phone and dial 911.