Chapter 14

I wake up to the emptiness of Ruby's bed. I do really feel bad for making her sleep downstairs. I wanted to feel her next to me. I woke up three times in the middle of the night to no one next to me and I felt as empty as I could ever be. I go downstairs and see Ruby is still sleeping. I go to her and move a strand of hair out of her face. She looked so peaceful, but who knows what's going inside her head now. I grab some water and head upstairs to change my bandage.
I try getting everything together but I finally manage. My ribs looked bruised and they are still a little sore so I try to be careful. I Yelp in pain after squeezing the wrapping to hard against my stitches. Suddenly Ruby comes in and stares at me.

" Sorry, Uhm are you okay? I heard you scream." She says nervously.

" Yeah don't worry, I'm okay" I say giving her a polite smile. She continues to stare at me through the doorway and I laugh and shake my head.

" Do you need help" she asks shyly.

" Why are you acting like you just met me" I ask her laughing.

" I'm not, well I kind of am but I don't want to mess anything up" she says rubbing the back of her neck.

" Can you help me wrap this section up right here" I tell Ruby and she comes and helps me. The warmth of her body always gets me so comfortable and just so turned on. She has me face her so she can finish wrapping me and I want to kiss her but I can't. She finishes wrapping me and looks up at me and smiles and gets closer to me like she is about to kiss me but her smile quickly goes away and her eyes fill up with tears as she passes by me and heads downstairs. I grab my shirt and put it on carefully and follow her done.

" Ruby, please stop." I tell her.

" Why, why should I. You are just going to leave me anyways." She says, choking on her words at the end.

" I'm not, I never will, and I can't." I tell her trying to grab her hand but she pulls away.

" Why can't you?" She asks.

" Because I love you so fucking much that's why. I am the sun and you are the moon and we need each other." She looks up at me and smirks but then looks away again.

" That was from the note that was in my pocket" she says turning around and laying on the bed. She was wearing a sports bra and black joggers and I want to jump on top of her and just start kissing her but I have to contain myself.

" I did write it, and I wrote it because I meant it. I looked at you and wrote it because you make me feel that way" I say, as I sit next to her on the bed. She looks at me and smirks. When I see her smile I just have to smile back because hers is the most beautiful one I've seen. She pays on the bed so I can lay next to her and I do.

" I'm sorry, I was in a bad place and I was fucked up when I wrote that stuff. You are the most beautiful person I will ever know, and trust me I'd rather look at you than any other girl in the world." She says turning her body towards me.

She grabs my hips gently and brings them towards her, I winced as though it would hurt but it didn't. Then she kisses me. She starts to kiss the sweet spot on my neck and I get on top of her. I pull away once I feel a sharp pain in my rib cage.

" Are you okay?" Ruby asks as she checks my bandaging.

" Yeah I think so, I just need to take it slow for a while" I tell her.

" Well hurry up and get better, I don't know how much longer I can wait" she says kissing me on the cheek.

" Well I didn't ask you to crash your car into me" I tell her, remembering my joke from earlier.