Chapter 34: Demolition lovers

"Tess", Gerard moaned into the crook of my neck, "I'm so fucking nervous, I could throw up."

We were standing in a room behind the stage, the room where they just got changed into something that didn't smell like shit. Though he just changed clothes, he was already sweaty again. He wasn't even warm, actually, he was as cold as a corpse. Gerard had been hugging me for several minutes now, and to be honest I didn't know how to feel about it. I guess, it was cute that he wanted to hug me and almost cry out on my shoulder, while the rest of the band was looking. Not to mention the strangers in weird, almost steampunk kinda clothes, who were putting on their eyeliner. But at the same time it was a bit awkward. I held him tight anyway, pressed my body close to his. I rubbed his back like he does when I'm nervous. I felt his muscles relax for a moment, before he took a deep breath, which sounded like he was going to cry.

"Just don't throw up on stage, okay?", I whispered and kissed his cheek, where the long, sweaty, jet black strands of hair stuck to his pale face. He was extra pale because, 1: he was naturally super pale, 2: he was super nervous, 3: he had been standing like the steampunk-guys, painting his face white. The red and black makeup around his eyes didn't make him look any healthier.

Gerard had convinced Mikey to also wear some black eyeliner, and it suited him though it wasn't so visible behind his dirty glasses. The only ones without makeup were Ray and Bob. I also wore eyeliner, but that was just because Gerard wanted to practise on me.

Frank had been making himself look really nice for this day. He had put makeup around his eyes. Not black like Gerard and Mikey, only red. He had also dyed his blonde sides red, so now he looked like a skunk, that had murdered its enemies and bathed in the blood.

That is an accurate description of Frank.

Though they all looked a bit ridiculous, they also looked hot as fuck and ready for their first concert.

"And the next band we want to see onstage is..." The hoarse voice stopped for a second. "My Chemical Romance! A brand new band from New Jersey. These young men will blow your minds with their, let me say it as it is, amazing music. This will be, as many of the other bands we're lucky to have here tonight, their first concert. Give them an applaud!"

We were standing right behind the scene. Gerard stared into my eyes, and I don't think I've ever seen them feeling so many emotions. I could see how scared he was, but at the same time, the excitement, hope, and love shone through the thick layer of eyeliner. "You can do it", I whispered and smiled to him. He was too nervous to smile, so he smashed his lips onto mine, giving me a longing kiss. It felt like a year, before he pulled away from me, licking his lips, smiling more than ever. He took a deep breath and turned away from me, walking onstage with his hands up in the air, proud of everything he'd done.

The rest of the boys stood next to me, and they were supposed to walk onstage in a line.

Mikey followed Gerard, and I only just had time to pat his back. He quickly smiled at me, obviously also nervous. He was so talented, he just had to believe in it. He had been practising for hours every day since Frank's birthday. They had been practising together as a band every other day, but because of homework I didn't have time to listen along.

Bob marched onstage as well. He was the only one, who didn't seem to be so nervous. I only smiled to him, and he smiled back at me. I think that was the first time I saw him smile. As he walked in, and the lights shone on him, it was like his icy blue eyes were the sun itself. He quickly sat down at the drums, hiding behind it all.

I was busy looking at Bob's eyes, when Ray suddenly hugged me. His guitar almost stabbed me, but I didn't feel the pain until he was already onstage. He walked out there, looking super proud and excited. Ray had also been quite calm about this concert, of course he was the one who had signed the band up to this as well.