Chapter Seventeen

• Austin's P.O.V. •

Me: dude, where are you?

I'd invited Ella to come over and hangout... thirty minutes ago.

Ella: can't find anything to wear! be patient!!

I rolled my eyes at her text. Ella always likes to be dressed up, which I don't understand. Personally most days, I go for comfort over style.

Me: just come as you are, who cares. it's just me

Ella: fine, but i look like trash right now so..

Me: you always look like trash. hurry up!

Ella: wow, thank you, you have a real way with words

I laughed as I typed back.

Me: (;

About five minutes later Ella came walking into my house. I stood up to meet her halfway through the living room. When she got to me she gave my chest a playful shove.

"Thanks for telling me I always look like trash. It was a real confidence booster," she jokes.

"It's my duty as your best friend and boyfriend to be honest with you at all times," I laugh along with her.

"I do look bad today though," she says, looking down at her outfit. I give her a once over and see the sweatpants and baggy hoodie, which is actually mine, that she's wearing. Honestly I thought she looked cute, comfortable.

"Seriously?" I smile.

"What?"

"Are you gonna make me say it?" I ask.

"Say what?"

"You know, the whole cheesy 'I never think you look bad' speech that girls like to hear."

"Oh," she thinks about it for a second before responding with, "yes." She grins.

I laugh. "Okay well, you never look bad. I never expect you to get all dressed up for me. Honestly, you could wear a trash bag and I wouldn't give a shit because your sense of style isn't what makes me love you. How was that?" I question.

"Impressive, you come up with that off the top of your head?" She plays.

"I'm pretty sure I got it from a movie or something but it was still pretty good, right?"

"Yes," she laughs, "very convincing."

"Great, that's what I was going for," I laugh.

"So what are we gonna do today?" She asks, brushing past me and sitting herself down on the couch.

"Don't know." I sit beside her. "Didn't really have anything specific planned out."

"Well how about we just stay in today, watch movies. Something simple," she suggests.

"Sounds good, but you know what could make that even better?" I ask.

"What?"

"If we go to the store and get a bunch of junk to eat while we watch them," I smiled.

"I like the way you think."

We go to the store and buy sodas and a bunch of different candies and then go back to my house. I tell her to wait for me in the living room so that I can get some blankets to lay down for us but she stops me.